20 People Who Ditched Typical Standards and Celebrated the Holidays With a Pinch of Craziness
There are 2 types of people during the time of Christmas and the New Year. One type is ready to decorate every corner of their home with Christmas decorations, they choose the most festive outfits, put up a Christmas tree, and prepare gifts for everyone. The second type creates the holiday spirit from whatever they have on hand, and sometimes, the result turns out to be quite stunning.
Bright Side compiled people who are ready to take on the Christmas spirit but still hold onto a little energy for something bigger. As a bonus, we’ve prepared a couple of New Year stories and an urban Christmas decoration that will melt the heart of the most avid cynic.
1. “My minimum effort of ’The Dude’ costume for a New Year’s Eve fancy dress party”
2. “And then there was the ugliest Christmas sweater of them all...”
3. “Grandpa couldn’t find all the stockings so he just used socks.”
4. “I thought I got a PS5 for Christmas this year!”
5. “My boyfriend said he made holiday cookies...”
6. “So, after I bought this house, I was informed my neighbors do it big for Christmas. So I talked to my neighbor and we came up with the perfect solution.”
7. “Got this as a surprise Christmas present from a friend.”
8. A life hack from the neighbors
9. “Winning Christmas with the least amount of effort”
This is a good way to reuse inflatable decorations that spring a leak. © a_pinch_of_sarcasm / reddit·
10. “The best holiday decor I’ve seen this year!”
11. This is what laziness is all about.
12. “My wife and I have a tradition of picking out the ugliest tree at the tree farm. This year, we hit a grand slam.”
13. “We had a Christmas door decorating contest at work this year. This was my entry.”
14. “Christmas decorations at a sushi restaurant”
15. “I think I need to update my Christmas ornaments.”
- So what happens if you drop this ornament? Does the floor crack? © firephox / imgur
16. “I made Christmas gnomes.”
17. “My parents got me a PS5 controller for Christmas. I do not own a PS5...”
18. “Didn’t have the energy, decorated anyway.”
19. “I have no Christmas tree. But I found a way out.”
20. “My dad is an obstetrician-gynecologist and was on call for Christmas. This is how he went on his rounds to see patients this morning.”
Bonus #1: “Our village Christmas lights are designed by the local primary kids, and they are the single best thing about the festive season.”
Bonus 2: a Christmas story
- One time, my school decided to organize a Christmas mascarade party, but since we didn’t have much money, my mom said they wouldn’t be able to get me a costume for the event. But my father found a way out — he painted a hat black, dressed me in a black turtleneck and black pants, attached a pistol case to my belt, and gave me his black sunglasses. I was a mafia man! Everyone was excited about my costume. © Overheard / Ideer
Happy New Year! We believe in the magic of Bright Side and invite you to make a wish right in the comment section. We’re sure it will go straight to the universe from there and come true quite soon.