20 iron quotes from Margaret Thatcher
Margaret Thatcher was easily one of the most powerful women in human history who served as the prime minister of the United Kingdom for 11 years. She is the first and only woman to ever hold that position.
Bright Side collected the best quotes from the "Iron Lady" that helped establish her legacy.
- A woman with a strong will is called “mean“; a man with a strong will is called ”powerful.“
- Defeat? I do not recognize the meaning of the word.
- Any woman who understands the problems of running a home will be nearer to understanding the problems of running a country.
- It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
- No one would remember the Good Samaritan if he’d only had good intentions; he had money as well.
- If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.
- The home should be the center but not the boundary of a woman’s life.
- I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left.
- It pays to know the enemy because at some time you may have the opportunity to turn him into a friend.
- To wear your heart on your sleeve isn’t a very good plan; you should wear it inside, where it functions best.
- There can be no liberty unless there is economic liberty.
- 90% of our worries never happen.
- A country’s wealth need not depend on natural resources, it may even ultimately benefit from their absence. The greatest resource of all is man. What government has to do is to set the framework for human talent to flourish.
- Women are much better at saying “no” than men.
- Women have plenty of roles in which they can serve with distinction; some of us even run countries. But generally we are better at wielding the handbag than the bayonet.
- I usually make up my mind about a man in 10 seconds, and I very rarely change it.
- Being polite is very valuable these days while rudeness is priceless.
- If my critics saw me walking over the Thames they would say it was because I couldn’t swim.
- You do not have to agree in order to find common grounds with someone.
- Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren’t.
Photo source: pinterest