20 Look-Alike Relatives That Are Like 2 Peas in a Pod
Finding someone who strongly resembles you is always fascinating. Even more so if the person was a distant relative, born more than 500 years before you. Some people may have their mother’s eyes, or their father’s nose, but others have found their doppelgänger among their ancestors.
Bright Side did some web surfing and found a few people that are living proof of how strong genes can be.
1. “My direct paternal grandfather and I, born 506 years apart.”
2.“I often hear how I look like my grandmother.”
3. “My dad and me wearing the same tie on our respective graduations, 30 years apart — this wasn’t planned.”
4. “My father’s genes run strong.”
5. “My great-grandpa in 1918 and me in 2020”
6. “My great-uncle in World War II vs Me today”
7. “My Norwegian great-grandmother and I. My Scandinavian roots are only 26%, so her genes had to be super strong.”
8. “My grandma, Gigi, and me”
9.“My grandmother and I at age 2”
10. “Would have never known I was a doppelgänger of my great-grandmother (1894-1961) without AncestryDNA.”
11. “My great-great-great-grandfather and I”
12. “Me and my paternal grandfather”
13. “My great-great uncle and I”
14. “Genes are funny. My maternal grandmother and me”
15. “My father and I at 29 years old”
16. “My whole life people have told me that I looked just like my mom. I never saw it until I found this old picture of hers.”
17. “My husband and daughter”
18. “My mom and I are one and the same.”
19. “I always thought I looked nothing like my dad until I saw his dad.”
20. “Grandma’s genes really hit copy and paste.”
Who do you resemble the most in your family? Would you be willing to take an ancestry DNA test to find out more about your ancestors? Open your trunk of memories and share your family photos with us in the comment section.