20 People Who Wake Up in the Morning to Make This Planet a Better Place
Of all the different ways we express ourselves, kindness is definitely one of the most powerful ones. It is through kindness that we express care, concern, consideration, and love. In a busy world filled with so many challenges, stories of those who offer a word of encouragement, a smile, or their time, refresh us with goodness.
We at Bright Side believe that people who take the time to be amazing are definitely worth being noticed, so we gathered some moments to share with you.
1. A woman donated her hair to a foundation that works with sick people suffering from hair loss.
2. A woman opened “grocery store” with free products for struggling families, and it even has an app that lets people order stuff ahead of time.
3. This dad went online to give free advice to anyone who needs, well, dad advice.
Rob Kenney is the creator of a YouTube channel called “Dad, how do I?” His content covers lots of topics, like teaching how to tie a tie, how to shave for the first time, how to restore a bike, and he even reads children’s books. His own father left when he was a teenager, and he says he is trying to give the stuff he missed the most while growing up. The channel has almost 4 million subscribers and some great feedback from people all around the world.
4. “I’ve collected hundreds of plastic bottles floating in this lake!”
5. Catching a falling cat with a flag in the middle of a football game
6. These firefighters saved the animals that were left behind after a wildfire by bringing them food and water.
7. A day worker takes extra time to give a lesson in flint building to a father and his kids.
8. “One of my customers left me a card, some homemade mini muffins, a candy bar, and one of my favorite sodas!”
9. They left out over 10 puzzles for anyone to take.
10. Thanking the people who pulled over to help rescue a kitty by showing his before and after pictures
11. “Crying during lunch”
An anesthesiologist that had been working in the hospital for 27 days in a row received a really sweet comment from the new foodservice today. She looked at him and told him: “You are so big! Reminds me of my son,” while loading his food tray with extra food. He was so touched by her kind words, he shared his food tray picture describing himself crying in the workroom during lunch.
12. A sweet message from employees can really turn the day around.
13. Spoiler: They got it!
14. Customers that thank delivery workers by leaving cold drinks for them
15. A man posted about being robbed and some kind people on Reddit mailed him new tools.
16. This is a cleaned-up and ready-to-use vehicle after a bad experience, thanks to the kindness of a stranger.
A single dad got his Jeep stolen, and he posted on Facebook groups asking for help recovering it. When it was finally recovered, it was really filthy and could not be used safely. A guy from a local cleaning company saw the post and reached out to him. He cleaned up everything and left the vehicle even better than it was before being stolen.
17. A man decided to spend his lunch break cleaning up his community.
18. “Bringing a baby bird back to the nest”
19. This guy decided to spend his twenty-third birthday making small good things for random people.
Instead of having a party on his twenty-third birthday, this guy, Lewis Mitchell, decided to do 23 random acts of kindness. He went from writing personalized letters to his friends and teachers, helping strangers load their groceries, and putting money on expired parking meters to giving random hugs throughout the day, telling someone they looked beautiful, and volunteering at the local retirement center for 2.5 hours. It was a full day.
20. “I lost my wallet. These boys found it and wouldn’t accept any reward. People are good!”
Have you ever been a witness to kind acts such as these? Has a stranger ever gone out their way to help you out? Feel free to share your story with us.