What 17 Famous Villains We Used to Watch With Gritted Teeth Look Like Today
They’re the ones we loved to hate for decades that made us cringe each time we glimpsed at their terrifying faces on screen. But when all the makeup is removed, the scary costumes are off, and time has taken its toll on the actors, you might be shocked to discover what the evil characters that once haunted your dreams look like in real life today.
Bright Side gathered a selection of famous bad guys that have been etched in our memories for a long time. You’ll be surprised to see what they look like now and might even end up wanting to give them a hug.
1. Anthony Hopkins as Dr. Hannibal Lecter — The Silence of the Lambs (1991)
2. Danny DeVito as Penguin — Batman Returns (1992)
3. Christopher Walken as Hessian Horseman — Sleepy Hollow (1999)
4. Willem Dafoe as Green Goblin / Norman Osborn — Spider-Man (2002)
5. Robert Picardo as Eddie — The Howling (1981)
6. Michael Keaton as Betelgeuse — Beetlejuice (1988)
7. Terrence Stamp as General Zod — Superman II (1980)
8. James Earl Jones as Thulsa Doom — Conan the Barbarian (1982)
9. Ralph Fiennes as Lord Voldemort — Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007)
10. Tim Curry as Pennywise — It (1990)
11. Mike Myers as Dr. Evil — Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery (1997)
12. Glenn Close as Cruella de Vil — 101 Dalmatians, a Canine’s Tale (1996)
13. Kathy Bates as Annie Wilkes — Misery (1990)
14. Malcolm McDowell as Alex — A Clockwork Orange (1971)
15. Alice Krige as Borg Queen — Star Trek: First Contact (1996)
16. Jeremy Irons as Profion — Dungeons & Dragons (2000)
17. Bette Midler as Winifred — Hocus Pocus (1993)
Which one of these actors looks the least like thier evil character? Who was your favorite villain growing up?