10 Everyday Tricks We’ve Been Doing Wrong
The beautiful thing about our lives is that no matter how old we are, we never run out of new things to discover and learn. You may have been doing things a certain way your entire life, thinking that it’s the easiest way to do so, but this article might challenge your perception of everything. We bet it will leave you surprised.
Bright Side always aims to make your life easier, so we prepared a compilation of tricks that you will find useful in everyday life.
1. Check if you have bad breath by licking your wrist.
Most of us would exhale onto our palms to check if our breath smells okay, but it’s not as effective as licking your wrist with the middle part of your tongue and smelling it.
2. Store your pickled vegetables upside down.
To prevent mold growth, you can store your pickles upside down in order for them to be fresh for a longer period of time.
3. Clean your keyboard of dust by using a brush.
It’s easier to clean it this way than by using napkins or anything similar, so you won’t accidentally press the keys.
4. When packing, roll your clothes instead of folding them.
Rolling them will save a lot of space in your luggage, and it prevents wrinkles from forming on your clothes.
5. Dip your nails in ice water so the nail polish dries faster.
6. Wrap your drink bottle in a damp paper towel before putting it in the freezer for a few minutes — it will cool down faster.
If your beverage is at room temperature, and you’d like it to be cold, this is a great and easy way to get it colder faster.
7. Use your yoga mat as a headrest when taking a bath.
Yoga mats are water-resistant and quite comfortable. You won’t have to feel the cold bathtub or wall anymore when trying to relax.
8. Break in shoes easier by using a hair dryer on them.
You will need to put on thick socks, get into your shoes, and blow hot air on them. Then let the shoes cool down while they’re still on. It will make them more flexible in no time.
9. Take your phone out of its case while charging it.
When our phones charge, they can heat up and cases can wrap up the heat. Overheating might lead to battery damage.
10. You can use a pole to carry your groceries.
Lacrosse sticks also work perfectly in this situation since nothing will slide off of it.
What tricks have you incorporated into your daily routine recently?