10 Toys to Keep Your Children Entertained That Won’t Cost You More Than $20
We all know that children love to play with toys, whether they’re homemade or store-bought. Through them, kids learn important things, like motor and cognitive skills, imagination, and creativity. Nowadays, when we are surrounded by a large selection of everything, including toys, it’s sometimes difficult to choose the right products. To help you save time, we’ve searched Amazon for toys that don’t cost much, and kids love to play with them.
1. In the summer (and winter), kids love ice cream. Your child will have hours of fun making various “treats” from this magical kinetic sand.
4.6 out of 5 stars
This set includes everything you need to make a variety of treats, including a freezer-style tray, scoop, sundae cup, spoon, ice cream cone, waffle press, and 6 toppings. Within the 16 oz (454 g) of all-natural scented kinetic sand, you get 3 different colors and scents: strawberry (pink), chocolate (brown), and vanilla (white). Children’s imaginations will run wild as they form their creations of ice cream cakes, waffles, ice cream sandwiches, and ice cream cones.
Promising review: This is a fabulous set. They all smell great. It kept my grandchildren entertained for ages, especially my youngest granddaughter. She must have played with it for at least 2 hours while here at Nanna’s house. I hope to buy more sets. @Jackie Johnson
2. Kids will have great fun with these take-apart dinosaur toys. Even better, the dinosaur’s head, mouth, claws, and tail move and make clicking sounds, making them look realistic.
4.5 out of 5 stars
They are made of recyclable ABS plastic and have no sharp edges. The set includes 2 types of screwdrivers, power drills, trees, and 4 dinosaurs: Tyrannosaurus Rex, Centrosaurus, Triceratops, and Velociraptor, all of which can be placed in storage boxes. These toys can improve children’s working ability, hand-eye coordination, logical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
Promising review: My 6-year-old grandson loved this. Nice and strongly made and looks great when built. @Ann
3. With their cute colorful appearance and lovely sounds, these talking flash cards will be your kid’s favorite toy. With the game, they will learn and improve their cognitive abilities and practice their hearing.
4.1 out of 5 stars
This set contains 112 uniquely designed double-sided flashcards and a reader. The device does not have an electronic screen, and the Internet is not required, so you can allow your child to spend less time using electronic devices. You just need to turn on the reader and insert the card, and it will speak the words.
Promising review: The kids really enjoy using these cards, and there is a large selection of topics and items. Good quality cards and colors. @YSL
4. Your child and puppy Al can go on exciting rescue missions with this big truck toy with a moveable control pod. There will be no end to the fun, as the imagination can develop freely.
4.7 out of 5 stars
Puppy Al, wearing his silver Big Truck Pups uniform, complete with a trucker hat and mittens on his front paws, looks like he does on the show. The cab roof can be raised to put Al in the driver’s seat. Or place him in the control pod and lift it to slide it laterally on the track, then rotate it up to 360° and extend the claw arm to pick up the log and I-beams.
Promising review: For the price I paid for this, it was an absolute bargain. It seems sturdy enough, and the little boy loves it. @Terri
5. Kids will relieve stress with this funny DIY fingertip spin toy. In doing so, they will stay entertained with cool robots or anything they can envision using their imagination and creativity.
4.2 out of 5 stars
It is designed with durable ABS plastic and has high-speed bearings that ensure the smoothest possible rotation and consistency. They are slick, rounded, and without edges, so children’s hands will not get hurt. This toy can help stop bad habits, such as inattention or head scratching, improve concentration, and relieve anxiety.
Promising review: My son always breaks his fidget spinners, they never last, but this one is going strong, and it’s different from any we have seen. @April simpson
6. The kids will enjoy the sounds they make with this musical toy. They will be amazed at their ability to create their own music while improving their hand-eye coordination, imagination, and creativity.
4.4 out of 5 stars
This toy is intended for children ages 12–18 months because it has a very simple interface. The soft lights won’t negatively affect children’s eyes, and the round-edge design protects their little hands. It is made without lead or BPA and is non-toxic. It also has a volume switch.
Promising review: I brought this for my baby brother’s birthday, and he loves it. He is constantly using the xylophone feature and gets hours of fun out of it. I would recommend it to those who are thinking of buying this for a child. @HB3113
7. Launch a toy rocket into the air from your backyard or a safe place in your home. It will be great fun for everyone, not just your kids.
4.5 out of 5 stars
It is made of durable foam, and the bracket and barrel are stable and thick. The rocket weighs only 10.6 oz (300 g). Its measurements are 11.3 in x 8.5 in x 3 in (28.8 cm x 21.6 cm x 7.5 cm) and it’s easy to assemble and carry.
The toy doesn’t require batteries. Playing with this rocket can improve children’s motor coordination and physical fitness as well as exercise their learning and thinking skills.
Promising review: Very easy to put together, and no batteries needed, which is always a bonus! The whole family has had a great time with this, and I can see it being a big hit for a long time! @Belle
8. Let your baby learn cause and effect through play with the help of this fun press and glow spinner toy.
4.7 out of 5 stars
When the button is pressed, the inside of the toy will start to rotate. Colorful lights will shine from it, along with the sounds of songs that will start playing. Your little one will be delighted with this miracle.
Promising review: This toy is amazing. 🤩 It lights up when you press it down and spins, lighting up the room. Our grandsons love it and spend so much time spinning it because of the lights. @Michelle (shelly) Diguer
9. The race track toy provides great amusement that all kids love. They will create their own track and watch cars go around in circles with real working headlights for hours.
4.5 out of 5 stars
The set comes with an 11-ft (335 cm) rugged, durable race track for endless building and remodeling. You also get 2 large, sturdy cars for kids ages 2 and up. It runs on 2 AA batteries. And best of all, there’s no need to take the track apart at the end of the game because it’s flexible and holds up well, so you can roll it up for next time.
Promising review: Good value, lots of tracks, and 2 cars 🚗. My 4-year-old loves his. :) @Shawzy
10. Satisfy your little one’s desire for a pet with the help of this electronic interactive pet dog. They will become inseparable companions, spending hours and hours together.
4.2 out of 5 stars
It is made of safe and environmentally friendly materials, which are soft, smooth, odorless, and non-toxic. It runs on 2 1.5V AA batteries. It measures 8.6 in x 9.8 in x 6.3 in (22cm x 25 cm x 16 cm).
The puppy can perform tricks and walk on carpet, hardwood, and the like. He also barks, stretches, and wags his tail.
Promising review: I got this for my baby cousin, and she loves it. It walks with you and makes noise but not too loud. It’s a little smaller than I thought though. @Kia
Bright Side gets commissions for purchases made through the links in this post.