10 Tricks to Wake Up With Perfect Hair
Do you think that waking up with perfect hair is something impossible to achieve that can only be seen in movies? Well, you’re wrong! We at Bright Side collected the most effective tricks for you to wake up with perfect hair every morning. Try these, and soon you’ll feel like those girls from shampoo commercials!
Before trying any of the tricks, remember these basic rules:
- You should never go to bed with wet hair because when wet, hair breaks more easily.
- If you’re using your hair dryer, always use cold air. It will help you avoid frizzy hair. Never dry your hair completely using your hair dryer — just leave some moisture so that your hair won’t dry out.
- You should always comb your hair before going to bed.
- Get a new haircut that suits your hair type, and take care of your hair every day.
1. Braid your hair before going to bed
Braid your hair to fight frizzy hair and static caused by bedsheets. Braids will also keep your hair free from tangles. It’s important that you braid your hair only when it’s dry or slightly damp.
If you have straight hair, go with a regular braid. If your hair is curly, opt for a twist braid. But no matter which type of braid you choose, make sure it’s not too tight.
2. Apply a few drops of coconut oil
Coconut oil applied to the ends of your hair will help you eliminate static and make your hair super shiny. It’s important that you use a small amount of oil and avoid the scalp.
3. Think of investing in silk pillowcases
Sleeping on silk and satin bedsheets and pillowcases reduces friction which causes hair breakage, split ends, and hair loss. Silk and satin can work their magic on your curly hair too. Make this investment, and you won’t regret it.
You can also try wrapping your hair with a silk scarf before going to sleep. This will help you tame your frizzy hair.
4. Apply some aloe vera gel before going to bed
Mix some aloe vera gel with mineral water, and put your DIY conditioner in a spray bottle. Apply to your hair just before going to bed. Aloe vera is a perfect remedy to moisturize the ends and control the static.
5. Apply some body lotion
A drop of body lotion can actually nourish your hair while you’re sleeping. Take some lotion and just run your hands through your hair, concentrating on the ends. Then comb your hair.
6. Make a bun
If your hair is long, you can go with a bun instead of the braid. Put your hair in a loose ponytail first, and then make a high bun. In the morning you’ll be left with frizz-free and shiny hair.
7. Try to use baby care products
Baby care products such as oils and detangler sprays are natural and so much gentler than the exact same products created for adults. Try to wash your hair with baby shampoo, and apply some baby oil to your hair, especially to the ends, right before going to bed. In the morning you’ll get amazing soft hair that smells like a baby.
8. Use talc to magically wake up with beachy waves
If you want to wake up with loose beachy waves, sprinkle some baby powder onto your roots to get rid of grease. Comb your hair, and put it in a braid. In the morning you’ll get Hollywood-style waves!
9. Use your nylon stockings on your hair
This trick guarantees you’ll wake up with soft and smooth hair. First, comb your hair and make a bun. Then use your nylon stocking as a sleep cap, and place bobby pins where needed. The war on static hair is finally over!
10. Use plastic hair accessories
Plastic hair accessories are the best option when it comes to controlling your hair, especially your bangs, at night. Forget metal accessories, as they easily break hair while you’re sleeping.