13 Products That You Will Be Definitely Buying This Winter
Winter is right across the corner and for many of you it might have already made its appearance. But, do not panic, since this is nothing you haven’t experienced before. The only difference is that with these 13 items you will be able to have a much better experience this coming winter.
1. Electric hand warmers that offer the warmth you might be needing during winter. They are rechargeable and ideal for anyone who loves camping, fishing, golfing or just walking their dog every chilly morning. They are also great for those suffering from Raynaud’s or just spend a lot of time outdoors.
The warmers heat fast and have 3 temperature levels, ranging from 95oF to 131oF. They are made of aircraft-grade aluminum and are very durable. They can be charged through the USB port and last you for many hours of usage.
- I’m 69 and some mornings I’ll wake with a finger(s) or an entire hand sore and stiff at the joints. Don’t know why. It just is. Anyway, I’ll turn on the Hand Warmer kept next to my bed, and very quickly it warms up. It’s about the same size as a computer mouse, so it comfortably fits into the palm of my hand. The stiffness and soreness starts to lesson soon after that.
Doesn’t eliminate the stiffness entirely, but it does reduce that and the soreness very well. I’m very pleased with it and find holding a morning cup of coffee just that much easier with little to no thought about it. And sometimes if a finger joint starts getting stiff again later in the day, I’ll use the warmer to loosen it up. I’ve never needed to use the other two higher heat settings.
And sometimes I’ll put the Warmer in the included cloth bag to reduce the heat some. But only sometimes. Fully charged, it’s supposed to last eight hours on the lower setting and seems to, but never timed it. Uses a USB for charging. So, it’s been a good buy for me. I can see athletes using it or kept in a pocket while downhill or X-country skiing as well. @Craig
2. An electric heated blanket that will keep you warm no matter what. It is made of a flannel and sherpa combo and is thicker than most blankets of the sort. It does not shed, and the heating wire is barely felt during its use. The blanket has passed all safety tests and has strong insulation and flame resistance.
The heated blanket uses NTC overheating protection technology to ensure that it will not overheat and cause burning. When the temperature rises, the heated blanket will automatically adjust the temperature according to the surrounding environment.
- It did have a little light smell to it right when opened, but once I opened it and let it breathe it went away! The heat distribution is 4/5 because at times it mainly heats in the middle and not always on the outer ends of the blanket, but it’s just me using it by myself, so I just adjust it accordingly.
I do this heated throw! It has many different settings, so you can adjust the warmth to your liking!
It is so cozy, breathable, and light weight to keep you warm. I love how soft the texture of the material is on both sides! Love the auto timer as well. I have not had any issues with the heat or the blanket not working!
I have not washed it yet, but the directions are clear on how to wash it appropriately, so I’m hoping washing it won’t be any issue! The throw blanket is perfect size to cozy up on the couch and watch movies! Definitely a great idea for a gift for friends and family as well! @1830627
3. A foot massager and warmer that offers deep kneading therapy while keeping you warm. It is designed to target the foot reflex zones and massage points to improve your foot wellness. What it does is improve your blood circulation on your soles and feet while reducing muscle stiffness.
The massager is equipped with infrared heating function to relieve tense and stressed muscles. The warmness it provides is safe for the skin and is highly comforting especially during cold weather. It can be turned on and off manually.
- Device works much better than expected. It was super easy, and I mean just plug it in and use it kind of easy. There was nothing to learn or train on. I simply put my feet in and hit the on button, and it does what it does. I believe you can customize it, but why bother when out of the box it is already great.
Similar products in the past from other manufacturers have been too weak to make a difference or manage only to poke painfully at a small surface area. This device on the low setting combined with the air compression squeeze and the additional heat element is so soothing and wonderful and provided such pain relief that had I known it would be this good, I would’ve been willing to pay double. @luxlight
4. An ice and snow melter that is effective on sub-zero temperatures of up to −10oC (14oF). The 50-pound bag won’t harm your skin if used according to the instructions. It is enhanced with calcium magnesium acetate, is environmentally friendly and doesn’t damage metal surfaces.
The solution works immediately upon contact with snow and ice and accelerates the melting process. You can add it on surfaces before snow and ice forms in order to prevent them from appearing. The product stays of a surface and provides long-lasting protection.
- At this eye-popping low price, it’s natural to assume this Snow Joe ice melter must be cutting corners with a formulation that can’t possibly be best-in-class. But it turns out the stuff works like absolute mad! Coming out of the bag in vivid blue-green crystals, it starts tearing through snow and ice on contact, and keeps on keeping on.
We have a dog and cat, and our north-facing sidewalk — which splits two plots of sensitive foliage — becomes an ice skating rink if not treated with a snow and ice melter that truly performs. This pet-safe and environmentally conscious product therefore meets all our needs.
The downside? You’ll have to reorder at least a week before you next need it, as the tradeoff for elite pricing is slow shipping. Beyond that, this is a highly efficacious, earth- and pet-conscientious product sold at far and away the best price within the Amazon ecosystem. @The All-Seeing I
5. Unisex winter gloves that allow you to text and use your phone without having to take them off. They offer great freedom in moving your fingers while wearing them and the palm grips hold onto your phone securely. They are stretchy, so they will fit your hands no matter their size.
The breathable material allows the gloves to ventilate in order to decrease sweat accumulation. When it’s time to wash them, make sure to avoid hot water and instead use warm water and wash them by hand. There has been added 80% more conductive yarn onto the fingertips of the gloves, so you can better access electronic devices.
- I knew the moment I put these gloves on I did not want to take them off! I kid you not, these are so soft! I ordered an extra large just in case and they fit perfect! I like the fact that I can still swipe and text on my phone screen with no problem because the fingertips are made for this.
The inside palm of the glove has a grip feature, and it’s not tight. This is the ultimate glove so if you don’t try these gloves you’re missing out on a great value for a great price. They also have different colors. @MsPeeches66
6. Window insulation kit that helps you seal your windows and skylights with a very low cost. The crystal clear plastic sheets are very easy to install without any equipment needed. All you need is a home hair dryer. The sheets are made to fit 9 standard window sizes and are 42’’ wide and 62’’ tall.
The sheets are very easy to use and quite durable. If you want to open your windows in the warmer months, you’ll need to take it off. Otherwise, sunlight and normal stress can also make the tape fail. For a good seal, it’s probably best to re-apply them every year.
- For sure insulates whether you want to keep air out or keep it in. I used this to insulate an IKEA cabinet I turned into a greenhouse for my plants. I could not keep it humid enough for my tropical plants, and it would consistently sit at 50%, even with a humidifier. I insulated it with this kit and within 5 minutes of closing it and turning on my humidifier, it had already jumped to 64% humidity. Works great. @April Johnson
7. A snow brush and ice scraper that will make cleaning your car in the morning so much easier. The bristles of the brush are very soft and won’t harm your car windows or the paint. The handle of the tool has been made to withstand temperatures as low as −40oF. Its ergonomic design also makes it easy to hold.
This tool helps you break up ice and easily scrape it away. It can quickly brush off loose snow from car windshields, roofs, doors, hoods, and side mirrors. You can separate the brush from the scraper if it makes it easier for you to handle.
- There’s nothing like waking up for work at 5:00am, getting dressed, grabbing your tumbler of coffee, and running out the door only to find a thick layer of ice on your windshields! This is my life EVERY DAY during winters in Chicago! It takes me FOREVER to scrape ice off of my car, and I usually am covered in sweat by the time I am done scraping....UNTIL THIS!!
I have never had a better ice scraper in my LIFE! It is truly life-changing! I find it scrapes the ice so much better than even expensive ones I have purchased, and it does not leave me covered in sweat and panting due to the ease!
It is surprisingly strong! I found it did not just scrape better, but also saved me time! Usually, it easily took me 15–20 minutes to scrape, but with this scraper, I was done in 5–10 minutes without even breaking a sweat. @White Rabbit Reviews
8. Toe warmers that will be extremely useful for those who work outdoors. These pads absorb bad odors and can last up to 8 hours. They are disposable and need to be used over your socks and not come in direct contact with your skin. They’re available in several styles designed for your hands, feet, and body.
In order to use the warmers, remove them from the outer package and shake to activate them. They will heat up in 15–30 minutes. If their heat decreases, expose them to air and shake again. After using, dispose them with your regular garbage.
- I live in Wyoming and work outside, even in the winter. My feet, despite good boots and socks, are always cold. I decided to try these, and I am so glad I did! On those cold days, and we had more than usual this year, I put on the two warmers and my feet could be warm and comfy even in snow and extreme cold.
Hints: put them on top of your toes, on top of your socks. They bunch up too much under the feet and are irritating to skin. Be ready to change out. If it is a long and cold day the warmer may not last as long as you need it to last. Just discard your first pair and get another pair on. Don’t open the plastic wrap of each pair till you are ready to wear it, it gets hot in just a few minutes after opening. @Susan
9. Faucet cover socks that will prevent your outdoor faucets from freezing and bursting. They are made of heavyweight waterproof fabric and insulated cotton. They work well with various faucet types, such as garden spigots and hose bibs. They cover the faucets firmly and don’t allow any rain or snow to fall inside.
The socks feature a string tie, which makes it super easy to install and secure them on your faucets. So, not only they cover faucets firmly, but also ’stick’ against the wall closely. They are 5.9″ wide and 7.7″ tall, with a thickness of 1.4’’.
- I live in the “woods” now in North Carolina — we do get freezing temps. My outside faucet froze, and I had to have my plumber replace it. He mentioned that I should have drained the line and/or install an insulating cover. Draining the line would be a chore, so I installed this cover. It has stood up well to winter.
The cover should cover the entire faucet and be pressed all the way to the wall behind the faucet — so there is no way for the cold wind to bypass the cover. These have lasted 2 winters showing no damage other than some color fading due to the sun.
Note: if you use a “quick disconnect” hose fitting make sure it is the “flow thru” type that allows the faucet to drain when the hose is disconnected. Otherwise, water remains and will freeze. If when hose is disconnected for faucet water does not drain — remove the quick disconnect. @Kenneth A. Edelstein
10. Women’s winter leggings that are made of thick fleece material and offer great warmth. These thermal pants are very comfortable and soft and can be worn while running, exercising, cycling and even skiing. The material helps absorb the moisture and won’t make your legs feel sweaty.
These 4-way stretch leggings provide great freedom of movement, and they will not slip off the waist when running or squatting. Also, the high waist provides good support and control of the belly. They can be worn under your shirt to the office or with a tank top and a pair of sneakers to exercise.
- Living in a city that experiences winter for about half the year and at times, extremely cold winters, I struggle to stay warm, and these tights were just what I was looking for!
They’re so soft inside and very comfortable, I understand what some others have experienced about extra length in the ankle area and no, it is not the ankle/foot sock thingy.
I too, am 5’4″ and the ankle area is slightly loose for me as well, but honestly it probably won’t matter all that much, because I’ll be wearing boots and layering this underclothing so no biggie for me personally. @krs-one
11. A fabric comb and lint remover that helps you remove all the fuzz and comb your precious fabrics, including cashmere. This little tool is ideal for lightweight sweaters, wool suits, scarves, hats, cuffs, collars, and waistbands. You just need to be very gentle while gliding it over your fabrics.
Instead of pressing it firmly over your clothes, use short and mild strokes. The tool is 100% eco-friendly, since it’s been made using only plant-based, biodegradable ingredients. It can be miraculous on most fabrics, including merino, mohair, blends, and synthetics.
- This had good reviews so I gave it a try. I purchased a few high price points 100% Cashmere sweaters last year and I adored them for a month and then the pills made them look old and messy. I gently combed this over my sweaters and after five passes on each area, the sweaters look lovely. Not as good as new but I’m not embarrassed to wear them out. I’m thrilled with this item! @Wegner84
12. A lotion for dry skin that shields and relieves from the effects of extreme cold. It helps treat cracked and itchy hands and each application lasts between 4–12 hours, even if you regularly wash your hands. The lotion isn’t greasy at all, and it gets absorbed very quickly after applying.
It is perfect for sensitive skin types and skin conditions including eczema and psoriasis. It is also great for hardworking hands. You just need to apply a small amount of the lotion on clean, dry skin and reapply every 4 to 12 hours.
- I had this HORRIBLE patch of dry skin on my hand that just kept cracking and cracking. It started a few years back, and I was constantly washing my hands and using hand sanitizer. It got so bad that no lotion would help. It doesn’t help that I live in an extremely dry cold state, but this stuff keeps my hands feeling moisturized even after washing my hands.
It’s light, airy, isn’t greasy, and is unscented which I prefer. I am so excited I found this product! This picture is just a few days difference of how much it has really helped my hand. @Roman & Ryley Lorance
13. An antibacterial skin repair ointment that treats inflammation, itchiness and irritation. The all-natural formula moisturizes the skin deeply and soothes sensitive skin. It helps the skin repair 3 times faster than other brands. It will also assist against razor burns and ingrown hairs.
The powerful antiseptic included in the ointment works hand in hand with a soothing skin protectant. This way they offer a great barrier against infection. They first kill the bacteria causing the issue and then move on to repair the affected and irritated area.
- This may be too much information, but for the sake of this review I’ll share: I’m a nurse and long hours, excessive sweating at times, constant motion from walking/bending, all lead to a lot of excoriation and irritation. And I’ve tried a lot of products to treat and prevent. This is an amazing ointment that has worked well. It will burn after application when my skin is broken down- but it doesn’t last long.
And it will clear things up “down there” overnight. Honestly the ONLY bad thing I can say is, it’s a little ointment for a lot of money. I got the smallest 14 gram tube — wanting to try it out before I paid for the bigger option. And 14 grams doesn’t last long for the cost. But again, it does work very well, so I’m going to purchase more. @MomO’3
Winter can sometimes be overwhelming depending on where you live, since snow and ice can make life very difficult. However, no problem stays unsolved when you have the right tools to deal with it. For example, you don’t have to keep fighting the ice on your windows with DIY tools.
Bright Side gets commissions for purchases made through the links in this post. Reviews may have been edited for length and clarity.