15 People Who Discovered Bizarre Objects and Called in the Experts
The world is a fascinating place, full of hidden wonders waiting to be uncovered. But sometimes, our discoveries leave us scratching our heads in confusion. Fortunately, we live in an era where the power of the internet can help us unravel the most enigmatic mysteries. Thanks to the tireless efforts of online detectives, we can solve the most perplexing puzzles and discover the truth behind the most bizarre objects.
1. “My friend found this on the bleachers at school.”
Answer: It’s a connector for a measuring cup set.
2. “My wife got this strange object from her grandmother, 10 cm long. She used it when she was younger, but no longer needed it.”
Answer: It’s for stirring drinks.
3. “What is this fiber/sand ball? Found among thousands like it on a beach in Spain. It weighs almost nothing.”
4. “What are these and what are they for? The girl sitting across from me had them on all her fingers on both hands.”
Answer: Oval finger splints for treating: arthritis, boutonniere deformities, crooked fingers, fractures, hypermobility (Ehlers-Danlos syndrome), lateral deviation, mallet finger, swan neck, trigger finger, and trigger thumb
5. “My girlfriend found these in her dinner. Are they seeds?”
6. “Appears to be cotton, wrapped partially in burlap, and secured with steel straps. Hickman, Kentucky is written on the burlap.”
7. ’’This was surgically removed from my cat’s stomach. It’s rubbery in texture and maybe about an inch long."
8. “What is this kitchen cabinet used for? It has a pull-out shelf and an outlet inside. It was in the condo my son just bought.”
9. “It came bundled in my order, but I didn’t order this. Opened it without noticing, but it’s hard and murky.”
Answer: Looks like opalite.
10. “What is this thing in my classroom? Makes subtle fan-like sounds and changes color on top.”
Answer: AV1 is a personal avatar for children suffering from long-term illness, helping them to continue their education and maintain the normality of daily life despite no longer being able to access mainstream education.
11. “This is a small scoop with alligator clip as the handle. Found it cleaning out the kitchen.”
Answer: A coffee scoop with a bag clip for the coffee bag.
12. “Got this as a prize in a Christmas cracker with no instructions, just a few sharp hooks.”
Answer: It’s a needle threader.
13. “My college sent me this and I have NO CLUE what it’s for.”
Answer: Looks like a germ key. Basically, it allows you to open doors, press buttons, and sign screens without touching them directly.
14. “Heavy metal cubes on the end of the chain with different shapes on each side of the cubes — AA battery for scale”
Answer: Han Solo’s lucky dice
15. “I found this ring in my backyard while doing gardening. After cleaning it, it doesn’t look like a normal ring. Any ideas?”
Answer: This is a mourning ring. The initials belong to a lost loved one.
16. “What are these circular metal things on these stairs? I just hit my knee and man, did it hurt.”
Answer: It’s a skateboard prevention device that keeps ’em from grinding on edges.
17. “I found this in the basement rafters of my 100-year-old house. It appears to be 2 marbles or something similar in a hanger.”
Answer: It’s a razor blade sharpener.
18. "Looks to fit in your mouth or roof of the mouth, maybe made of woven medical fabric with thin plastic through the middle.’’
Answer: It’s a turkey caller.
19. “From a box of candy-making supplies — about 60 twisted screws are buried in the 4.5-inch-wide piece.”
Answer: It’s for making spun sugar.
20. “Found buried in the closet of a commercial kitchen. What have I got? It’s about 6 inches in diameter.”
21. “What is this thing?”
Answer: It’s a pasta cutter.
22. “Red white and blue plastic mesh ribbon”
Answer: It looks like a rod cover for a fishing pole.
23. “Small glass vessel with a handle and a hollow tube that is closed on one end. Penny for scale.”
Answer: It’s a sugar cube server.
Are you ready for a thrilling journey into the unknown, where strange objects and digital detectives collide? We’ve gathered 15+ of the most perplexing items that had people puzzled until the internet’s sleuths came to the rescue.