19 Children That Left Their Parents Speechless With Stories From the Beyond
We often hear people say that children’s imaginations are endless. Maybe that’s why most people believe that many of the “atypical” things they say are just that, things they’re imagining. However, some of their experiences with their “past lives” seem to be so real and make so much sense that they could make anybody think kids also have some sort of sixth sense.
Bright Side compiled these mind-blowing stories that our readers have experienced with children who seem to have superpowers.
- When my daughter was 2 years old, she saw a picture of my dad, who had passed away more than 30 years ago. He died when I was a baby, so I didn’t even know him. She asked me who he was and was very astonished to see the picture. I told her it was her grandfather, who is in heaven, and she said, “No, Mom, he comes every night to talk to me, he says he loves me very much and is very proud of you.” I felt jealous, because she could see him and talk to him and I could not, but at the same time I was very happy to know that they had met. © Ericka Ramírez Garita / Facebook
- Right behind my sister’s house, there is a river. It is about 5 or 6 meters away, but the current was very strong. My little niece was about 2 or 3 years old, and she was sitting on the patio door watching the river. My sister felt scared and took her into the house. Afterward, the little girl looked at the floor of the house and said: “There is a lot of water here, mommy.” Then my sister packed a suitcase and asked her husband to take her out of there because she was afraid, she had never seen the river with that current and her daughter talking with that serious tone. She said that it seemed like someone else was talking to her. My sister left the house at about 12:00 noon and by 6:00 in the afternoon, the water was knee-deep inside the house. Days later, the river covered the house up to the roof. © Guadalupe Ruiz / Facebook
- When my daughter was 2 years old, she would say that she wanted to be at home. I would reply, “What do you mean, we’re home now,” and she would say, “No, my home, the one I bought with so much effort. My house. Why do I have to live here if I have my own house?” She started to describe her great-grandmother’s house. My husband turned stone-cold. It was weird. She said that until she was 6 years old, and then she suddenly stopped. My husband’s grandmother died before she was born, she never got to meet her. Sometimes I feel like my daughter is the reincarnation of my husband’s grandmother. © Belilin Florez / Facebook
- When my second son was little, I was taking him to school when he said to me: “Mom, Mr. X died,” (a very well-known person on a national level). I said, “Son, you don’t even know that person,” and he said, “I dreamed it, Mom.” We never met him personally, and my son may have heard his name on occasion. On the way to school, I turned on the radio, and they were talking about his passing. © Lety Bedolla Vega / Facebook
- The day my father passed away, I cried all day from the time I woke up until 5:00 in the afternoon when I was told. I was 6 months pregnant at the time. I had my son and when he started talking, he said that he had met his grandfather, but if I had him in my belly, how could they have met? © Teresa Suarez / Facebook
- My baby is almost 4 years old and the other day she told me that she had held me when I was a baby, and my mom too. So my mom and I were sisters, and she was our mother. © Naty Molgora / Facebook
- When my daughter was 3 years old, she told me that she saw me from above and that she always wanted me to be her mother. She told me about a little brother who was with her and that he sent her to be my daughter. I lost a baby before she was born, but she didn’t know that. © Gema Carrión / Facebook
- A few days before Christmas, we were at the hairdresser with my husband. I had convinced him to have something different done to his hair. Since the place was small, we waited on a bench on the sidewalk. Although the festive mood was already in the air, we were sad, as my father-in-law’s health had declined quite a bit during those days. At one point, my 3-year-old daughter told me that she saw an angel. I was quite surprised because she had never heard that word before. I asked her where he was, and she told me he was standing behind her daddy, fixing his head, while pointing. But at that moment he was in there alone, as the hairdresser had left him there waiting for what he had put on him to take effect. My daughter kept insisting that he was there behind her dad, that she could see him. 2 days later, my father-in-law passed away. © Kika Martin / Facebook
- When my daughters were little, 4 and 5 years old, they had an imaginary friend and played with her. They called her Tency. I asked them what she looked like, and they told me she had green eyes, like her daddy. Once, I told my mother-in-law about it, and she told me, very surprised, that she had a niece named Hortencia, and they called her Tency, but she had moved far away from there a long time ago. They didn’t know her, nor did I. It was very strange. © Villarreal Cardoza / Facebook
- My sister was only a few weeks pregnant. A boy came up to her, the son of a friend of my mother’s, looked at her, and said, “You have 2 babies in your belly.” My sister gave him a dirty look and walked away. Soon after, she had an ultrasound and, to her surprise, she was expecting twins. © Cris Méndez / Facebook
- My mother died exactly one year from when my nephew was 3 years old. The day she passed away, we put him to bed in my mom’s bed. When he woke up, we told him that mommy was gone forever, to which he replied that it was a lie, that mommy was in the room, that she had slept with him and hugged him. We were speechless. © Joâo Moser / Facebook
- One day we went grocery shopping. My 3-year-old daughter grabbed a huge package of diapers and was dragging it across the floor to put it in the cart. I asked her why she wanted diapers if she didn’t use them anymore, and she said, “For my baby brother, who’s in your belly.” A few days later, I didn’t get my period. She was right, I was pregnant with her baby brother! © Roxana Noguera Marecos / Facebook
- Something peculiar has been happening to my 4-year-old son lately. He often says his dad is a king, his mom a queen, and that he has 5 siblings. I asked him where these people are, to which he always replies: “In Paris.” One day, I looked online for a picture of the Eiffel Tower, and he told me very enthusiastically and happily: “That’s my house, there is my dad, the king.” I said to him: “But I am your mother, and he is your father,” pointing to my husband, to which he replied: “Yes, you are my mother, but you live here with me and I have another mother, who is the queen, and my father is the king, and they live in Paris with my brothers.” © Gene Mediina / Facebook
- When my daughter was 4 years old, we were watching the movie Selena. I had never seen it with her, and suddenly she said, “That day, at that concert, there were too many people. Imagine what it would be like nowadays if Selena hadn’t died.” I was shocked. © Martinez Camila / Facebook
Do you believe that children have extrasensory powers? What is the strangest moment you have experienced because of a child’s story? Tell us about your most fascinating experience!