20 People Who Expected to Buy Something Awesome but Were Left With a Broken Heart
Buying new things always feels a bit like Russian roulette. Sometimes you’ll order a beautiful dress online but when it arrives, you realize that the size is wrong and it looks nothing like it did in the picture. Or perhaps you want to treat yourself to a delicious snack but it doesn’t look anything like its picture on the wrapper. It’s just the tricky part of buying something for the first time.
We at Bright Side have selected 20 photos to show you how manufacturers can outwit consumers. So you may want to be extra careful the next time you buy something new.
1. “Not a single chocolate chip to be found”
2. “I bought this pool for my family, but I guess we won’t fit in it.”
3. “Bought new shoes online...”
4. “Blackout” curtains
5. “This is the last time I buy a funky outdoor jungle rug online.”
6. “Bought a crocheted cockatiel online but it wasn’t as cute as the example pictures.”
7. “This is why I have trust issues.”
8. At least the leaves are curly!
9. “Love my new Yeezys!”
10. “Tried a new brand of chocolate chip cookies today.”
11. “I was slightly disappointed.”
12. “This large wall tapestry my best friend bought me vs what actually came”
13. “A friend of mine bought an iPad off eBay for $5 that shipped from Hong Kong. At least shipping was free...”
14. “I didn’t expect him to be perfect, but come on!”
15. “Disappointing chocolate”
16. Where’s all the cream?
17. “I thought I’d have more sushi...”
18. “I see spaghetti, however, I don’t see any carbonara”
19. “Was looking forward to an evening snack...”
20. Baby Yoda looks slightly different here.
Have you ever experienced this when you bought something online? If you have photos of things that look different from what you expected, please share them with us!