20+ People Who Started a Fight Against Their Extra Weight and Won
As a part of our New Year’s resolutions, we often make ourselves promises to lose extra weight and start leading a healthier lifestyle. But for most of us, this weight loss journey usually ends before it even begins. That’s why those people who actually found enough motivation and willpower to start being active and stop eating junk food, can be really good examples to inspire us.
Bright Side discovered 21 heroes who’ve achieved what they wanted thanks to the strength of their characters. Just look at them!
21. “Wifey and I dropped almost 300 lb in the last year and a half.”
20. “Face progress: I ran into an old college friend today who literally refused to believe it was me because I am ’unrecognizable.’”
19. “I can’t believe how different the same shirt looks.”
18. “I’ve lost over 160 lb since 2014 and I run in my third ultra-marathon in 23 days!”
17. “It’s been a rough year and I still have a ways to go — but I can’t believe how far I’ve come already!”
16. “My sister has been amazing this year and I’m so proud of her!”
15. “From 210 lb to 137 lb”
14. “My mom found an old picture of me... It’s been a year and 100 lb lost. I’m feeling great!”
13. “Lost 110 lb in 18 months after a rugby injury, started rowing for my university, and got my Master’s in mathematics...”
12. “This is my final form: healthy! I lost 182 lb!”
11. “The picture on the left is from a year ago. The picture on the right is from today. I met my weight loss goal, but I plan to keep it up!”
10. “Lost 75 lb and I’m still going!”
9. “I lost 102 lb. It’s still a work in progress, but it feels like I’m looking at a different person some days.”
8. “From after one year of dating to 2 months before we got married 2 years later. She has lost 30 lb and I have lost 100 lb.”
7. “Lost 70 lb in 6 months. Can I have pizza now?!”
6. “Today I reached my goal weight! Over the last 7 years, I’ve literally lost a whole person — a total of 207 lb. Now I can run, do CrossFit, and I’m actually living my life!”
5. “From the worst part of my life, where I was eating and drinking my feelings, to my lowest weight, where I became obsessed with the number on the scale. To my happy medium after, where I found weight lifting and a flexible diet.”
4. “The first year of my new life. I have never felt as good as I do right now!”
3. “Cut back on junk food, started exercising regularly, and eating healthy. Feel better than ever!”
2. From 211 lbs to 150 lbs. This weight loss journey included cardio and cutting carbs.
1. “The left picture was from 2010, the right was from 2013. Managed to keep the weight off for 5 years now!”
Have you or your friends ever gone through such a transformation? If so, share your before and after photos in the comments!