20+ Photos That Show Us What Love Is Really All About
Love really makes the world go ‘round and it can be shown in so many ways and shapes. Sometimes love means adopting a child or donating a kidney, but other times it’s just cooking a good meal or making a paper ring for your mother. Every loving expression we give out makes a difference and the people from this compilation clearly understand this.
Bright Side believes we could all use a little extra love and kindness in our lives, so we gathered some moving photos that prove that an act of love is never too small to be missed.
1. “My 8-year-old caught me crying over my missing engagement ring and made me this.”
2. “This little heart on my hand is called a ’cuddle button’.”
Since his wife died, their 4-year-old daughter has hated being away from him. Her teacher draws this on both of their hands when he drops her off at school and every time they press the ’cuddle button,’ it sends a hug to the other person. This helps the little girl feel connected to her father.
3. “I gave her 10 cents on her birthday when I was 2, she taped it to a card and kept it her whole life.”
His grandmother recently passed away and his mother found this card in her house.
4. “After 2.5 years of dialysis, this was my BFF’s last round. On Monday I gave her a kidney and we are both doing great.”
5. “When I was 5, I gave my dad a ‘ring’ made of a keychain ring. 22 years later, he’s still wearing it.”
6. “My husband drove 8 hours to be there for her birth, after losing his dad to a battle with cancer only 48 hours earlier.”
7. “Caught my parents in a candid moment. This was the first vacation I took them on, from my first salary.”
8. “My father died and before he got cremated, I took a photo of one of his tattoos. I got my own version of it in his memory.”
9. “This is my Uber driver, Beni. He took me to the hospital and kept me company since my family lives out of state.”
10. This is what true love looks like.
This man was hospitalized with complications from treatment for esophageal cancer. His wife is in the middle of chemo for gallbladder cancer and hasn’t been able to visit him because the hospital is too dangerous for her. Today his doctor let him meet her in the courtyard.
11. “My step-dad sat in this spot right before beginning chemo. My mom sat in the same spot on our first Father’s Day without him.”
12. “My step-dad is officially my legal father, after raising me with my mom since I was 9 years old. Never too old to be adopted!”
13. “I drove 1,200 miles to see my son for Thanksgiving and made this. It’s sparse, but I feel more like a dad than I have in years.”
14. “My grandpa’s favorite flower is a Dahlia. He passed away and I made this paper Dahlia in his memory.”
15. They put a smile on his face.
These boys met through online gaming more than 5 years ago. But today they decided to meet each other in person and they all visited Joe, who is terminally ill with Ewing’s Sarcoma.
16. “The years of love certainly left their mark.”
In 1995, this boy’s great-aunt gave him a stuffed cat. It was his absolute favorite and he slept with it every night through his childhood. When she passed, her family found out she had bought an identical cat and kept it in pristine condition for 2 decades.
17. “The CEO of my company, doing the dishes after buying everyone lunch. This is why I love my job.”
18. “My wife passed after a 2 year battle with breast cancer. The grass is modeled after an audio of her saying, ’I Love You’.”
19. “Married for 60 years. She has dementia and had a stroke... but he is still there. Always.”
20. “My wife & daughter, sleeping with their feet on me, on our couch, in our home. 421 days ago I was in active addiction and homeless.”
21. “After a false miscarriage and a rough pregnancy, I met my daughter today.”
What does true love mean to you? Do you have your own expression of caring and loving actions captured in photos? We would like to hear your thoughts and see your pictures in the comment section below!