25 Superb Hacks to Make Your Home More Stylish
Without a doubt, all of us want to make our home look like a magazine cover. Sometimes, we strive so desperately to change it that it seems like we’re moving furniture, throwing things away, and buying every single item from the new IKEA catalog. But actually, there is no need to begin a drastic repair or make a dramatic rearrangement. To create the ideal interior, you just need to know a few simple tricks.
1. Mirrors give the illusion of space
Place mirrors on closet doors to refresh the interior and visually expand a small room. Click here to watch the process of creating mirrored doors.
2. A small mirror can become a cute decoration
3. Put a beautiful and practical jar organizer on the wall
A jar organizer will save space in your bathroom and become a nice interior decoration. Watch the video to see how to make the same one.
4. Make a lamp shade a piece of art
5. A colorful print on curtains can refresh any room
6. Hang curtains closer to the ceiling to create the illusion of large windows
Hang curtains as close to the ceiling as possible to make windows look bigger.
7. A long shower curtain makes the bathroom look more spacious
Use the same idea to get the illusion of a high ceiling in the bathroom; just hang a long shower curtain close to the ceiling.
8. Create an unusual rod for curtains
An unusual rod for curtains will emphasize the style of the interior and show off your great taste. Check out more interesting ideas for decorating windows here.
9. Creative ties will make curtains look attractive
10. New handles will refresh your cupboards
No need to buy new furniture to refresh the interior. Sometimes, new small details are all you need to drastically change the room.
11. Create a colorful frame for the TV
Use a colorful frame to highlight a TV in the room. Click here to see more ideas.
12. Try to hide annoying wires
Use a shower rod to hide wires. Get the instructions with photos here.
13. Make cables part of the decoration
Besides hiding wires and cables, you can also situate the cables in different ways to make them look more attractive. Check out an example.
14. Create a stylish headboard
You can check out how to make a plywood headboard here.
15. Easily build a bed canopy using curtain rods
Use curtain rods to build a bed canopy and let your childhood dream come true! Check out the bed made by a designer from New York.
16. Use drawers to increase storage space
Drawers under the bed will help you increase space for storing things and keep your home organized. You can get more details and watch the instructions here.
17. Paint linoleum to upgrade the floor
You can refresh old linoleum by painting wide contrasting stripes on it. Get the detailed instructions here.
18. Dark colors make a ceiling look higher
Dark ceilings and light walls will add depth and finesse to the interior. Check out more photos of this bright and colorful house.
19. A framed mirror looks more luxurious
A beautiful framed mirror will give the bathroom a finished appearance. Check out how to make it here.
20. Cover outlets and switches with colorful cases
You can perfectly fit electrical outlets and switches into the interior design by decorating them with scrapbook paper, mosaic tiles or other small items. Check out simple but brilliant design ideas like these above here and here.
21. Gold accents will add a bit of luxury to the interior
Gold interior details with restrained gloss will make the interior more elegant. To learn how to use gold in the home, check out this blog.
22. An accent wall is always a great design idea
To make the interior look fresh and modern, decorate one of the walls or highlight it with a bright color.
23. Play with colors to get the illusion of a high ceiling
Don’t paint the walls up to the top to create the illusion of a high ceiling. You can use one of these interiors as an example.
24. Hide a bed behind curtains
Hang curtains to hide a bed without compromising space. Check out other photos of this design project here.
25. Use a radiator as an accent
There’s no need to hide a radiator — it can become a spotlight in the interior with a little color!