8 Сheap Yet Proven Ways to Eliminate Dark Circles
Sometimes we wake up from a full night’s sleep and the first thing we see in the mirror is undereye dark circles. Dermatologists say that as we grow older, our skin lacks the ability to regenerate which leads to the increased visibility of dark circles. We can cover them temporarily with makeup, but it is not gonna help eliminate the problem in the long run.
We at Bright Side have gathered 8 tips and tricks that won’t cost you a lot of money and won’t take up a lot of your time in your battle against dark circles. At the end, there’s a helpful bonus!
1. Cucumber + rice flour + vitamin E + wheat flour
Cucumbers contain antioxidants that help vascular circulation and vitamin K which stimulates blood circulation. Rice flour has a whitening effect. Vitamin E is also a source of antioxidants which keeps skin fresh and young-looking. Wheat flour also helps reduce the appearance of dark circles.
- Take one cucumber, cut it into small pieces and place it in the food processor/blender. Then strain it to get the juice.
- Add 3 tbsp of finely-ground rice flour to the cucumber juice.
- Add 1 capsule of Vitamin E and mix these 3 ingredients.
- Add 3 tbsp of wheat flour (if you don’t have wheat flour at home, you can use all-purpose flour instead.)
Apply this mask to your under-eye area and leave it on for 15 minutes. You can use it every day until you are satisfied with the result.
This mask can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 9 days.
2. Cucumber + potato + honey + aloe vera gel
Potatoes help transfer antioxidants such as vitamin C to the skin. They also contain enzymes which help brighten the skin. Honey has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce the appearance of the dark circles and it also smoothes and moisturizes the skin. Aloe vera also has anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and healing properties which work magic on dark circles.
- Take 1 cucumber and 1 potato and grate them. Then strain this cucumber-potato mass to get the juice.
- Add 1 tsp of honey.
- Add 1 tsp of aloe vera gel and mix all the ingredients together.
Refrigerate the mask for 10-15 minutes before applying the mixture on your dark circles for 15 minutes.
This mask can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
3. Vitamin E + rose water
Rose water nourishes and rejuvenates the skin naturally, making the dark circles a little bit less visible.
- Mix 1 capsule of vitamin E and 4-5 drops of rose water.
Apply it underneath your eyes before bedtime and leave it on all night.
The blend of rose water and vitamin E keeps the under-eye area soft and hydrated and it also makes it brighter and healthier.
4. Turmeric powder + tomato + yogurt + rice powder
Turmeric is a powerful, natural antioxidant with great anti-inflammatory properties which minimize dark circles tremendously. Tomato serves as a natural bleach so it helps brighten the under-eye area. Probiotics and lactic acid in yogurt really helps lighten the dark circles and remove the dead cells.
- Take 1 tomato and place it in the blender to make a tomato paste.
- Mix 1 tbsp of tomato paste with 1 tbsp of turmeric powder.
- Add 2 tsp of yogurt.
- Add 1 tsp of rice powder and mix all the ingredients together.
Apply this mask under your eyes and leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
5. Parsley + tomato
Parsley has amazing lightning properties and it’s great for eliminating dark circles.
- Take the parsley and remove the leaves from the stem.
- Take 1 tomato and make a tomato paste.
- Place the parsley leaves and tomato paste into the blender to mix them together.
Take 2 cotton pads and put them into the mixture. Gently squeeze the cotton pads to get rid of the treatment excess and place them under your eyes. Leave them on for approximately 30 minutes.
6. Orange juice + glycerin
Orange juice mixed with glycerin reduces the appearance of dark circles and makes your skin more smooth and soft.
- Mix a small amount of fresh orange juice with a few drops of glycerin.
Apply the juice under your eyes with a cotton ball and leave it there for 2-3 minutes. You can repeat this regularly until you’re satisfied with the result.
7. Mint leaves + lemon juice
- Blend fresh mint leaves to form a paste.
- Take fresh-squeezed lemon juice and mix it with the mint leaves.
Apply the mask to the dark circles and leave it on for 10-15 minutes. This treatment can be used daily.
8. Cold compresses
Cold compress can make blood vessels less visible which helps eliminate the appearance of dark circle.
Take a clean washcloth and soak it in milk or cold water for about 3 minutes. Wringe the cloth and apply it under the eyes. Leave the compress on for 5 minutes.
Vitamin E is great for moisturizing the skin and improving its elasticity. It not only reduces wrinkles but also helps fight freckles, dark circles, and age spots. You can make your own cream using vitamin E, cocoa butter, coconut oil, and any essential oil.
- In a double boiler, melt 3 tbsp of cocoa butter and 4 tbsp of coconut oil. Mix them together and let the mixture cool a little bit.
- Add 1 tsp of vitamin E and 4 drops of any essential oil that you like. Place the mixture in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Whisk the mixture until it becomes lighter and then put it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Whisk the cream again until it’s fluffy and put it in a jar.
It’s better to use this DIY cream at night so that it can be absorbed into your skin and make it soft and healthy.
Have you tried any of these simple and inexpensive home remedies for dark circles? Or maybe you have some of your own tricks to get rid of dark circles? Share your experiences with us in the comments!