9 Practical Gadgets for Busy Folks Who Are Always on the Go
It can be difficult to keep up with the demands of a busy schedule in our fast-paced world. From meetings and presentations to gym sessions and social events, it can feel as though there simply aren’t enough hours in the day. However, the rise of portable gadgets has made it simpler than ever to avoid being hungry, remain hydrated, and wear wrinkle-free clothes, even when you’re in a hurry.
1. A magnetic wireless power bank is a must-have for anyone who frequently finds themselves running low on battery while using their phone. No more tangled cords or bulky chargers to carry around! Once you attach the power bank, you can even flip your phone upside down without worrying about it falling off.
4 ⭐ out of 5
- The cable-free connection means you can carry this power bank around in your pocket while charging.
- The magnetic feature is incredibly strong, and the 2 suction pads enhance its ability to stick to the back of your phone.
- Plus, you can keep track of the remaining battery capacity with the LED power indicators.
So simple, compact, and light. This has solved the problem of being on the move and needing power. No cable is required due to a pretty good magnet. Nice bonus features, like, for example, a flip-out ring to aid in holding the phone or to use as a stand; and an LED displays how much power is held in the device. Maybe a little expensive. @Lester Keates
2. This water bottle with an LED display stops you from burning your tongue on piping hot coffee while rushing to work. With just a tap on the lid, you can check the temperature of your drink. And even after 24 hours at 212°F (100°C), it keeps its temperature at around 104°F (40°C).
4.3 ⭐ out of 5
- This water bottle has a capacity of 16.91 oz (500 ml).
- The company offers a free replacement lid if there are any issues with it.
I love this little flask. One thing I hate about flasks, in general, is that you never know when it’s “safe” to drink. Am I going to be drinking lukewarm tea, or is it going to burn my tongue off? With this, I know that when it hits below 60 degrees, it’s the perfect temperature for me.
It takes around 4 hours for it to drop to a drinkable temperature for me, so I tend to add some cold water to it because I can’t wait that long. Attractive design, keeps drinks hot or cold, and tells you the temperature. Definitely recommend. @Johny H.
3. Use a travel clothes steamer instead of having the hassle of pulling out the iron and ironing board. This compact and easy-to-use steamer will be your perfect companion for any business trip, conference, or performance. Simply fill the water tank, plug it in, and it will be ready to go in 25 seconds or less.
4.4 ⭐ out of 5
- This handheld steamer has a 5.07-oz (150 ml) water tank.
- The steam panel can achieve a high temperature of 284°F (140°C).
Fantastic! I love this; it’s so much easier than ironing and easy to travel with for work. I love it so much that I even actually steam my bedsheets — I’ve never bothered ironing before! The only slight downside is that the water container needs regular filling, which is slightly annoying, but I suppose this makes it easier for traveling, so this is not really a complaint, more of an observation. @sarah holmes
4. This electronic pill dispenser is designed to ensure that you never miss taking your medication again. It’s easy to forget to take your pills — that’s why this dispenser allows you to carry up to 8 doses of tablets a day with a separate alarm for each dose. The alarm will continue to sound for 30 seconds, or until you open it to take your pills out.
4.4 ⭐ out of 5
- The alarm in this pill dispenser is adjustable between 2 levels, ensuring that you can customize it to your preference.
- And just in case you miss the alarm, a red LED will flash to notify you that you’ve missed a dose.
This is very useful for me. I suffer from migraines and have MS. I get foggy a lot, but with this, I don’t forget my meds. It has enough space in each compartment for all the pills I take in a day, so I get an 8-day supply in the box.
I’ve noticed that if I open it too forcefully, sometimes a compartment opens up with it and a pill flies out, but that may just be because I have weak muscles and need to pull hard to open the magnet. Overall, I really like it, and being able to set multiple alarms and different volumes is great. @Kita2701
5. With this smart reusable notebook, you can stop wasting paper, especially if you take plenty of notes and are a dedicated pen and paper user. It can be used endlessly by simply wiping it clean with a damp cloth. It is also connected to all your favorite cloud services, making it easier than ever to seamlessly integrate your notes into Google Drive or an app.
4.4 ⭐ out of 5
- Each notebook comes with a black pen and a cleaning cloth.
- The ink dries on the paper in 15-20 seconds.
- It has 36 reusable pages that feature a dotted grid.
Think of it as the adult version of Etch-a-Sketch. I love this product. I am a prolific note-taker at meetings and a ’’doodler’ because it keeps me focused! I had notepads all over my office!
Daily, I have about 6-8 meetings. I rarely need to go back over notes, but I write them anyway. I will review notes I’ve taken over the week, keep the important bits/actions on one page, and upload that! Doing my bit to save the trees! @Sinead Walker
6. This lunchbox has electric heating for if you have to eat your lunch in the car or don’t have access to a microwave at work. It also heats your meal better than a microwave, according to reviewers. You can easily plug it into your car to keep your meal warm or heat it up if you’ll be eating later.
4.3 ⭐ out of 5
- The lunch box comes with 2 different power cables, one for at home and one for the car.
- It has a removable plastic compartment for salad or fruit.
- On average, it takes about 20-30 minutes to warm up your food.
Working nights where I have no place to warm a cooked meal, this little gem means I can batch cook curry, chili, stew, pasta bakes, cottage pies, etc. I stick meals in the freezer, take out one each day, let them defrost to room temp on my desk for a few hours, and then remove the lid, stick it in the heater still in its plastic container (take-away style), and warm it. The food warms better and tastes better than in a microwave; there are no dry, rubbery bits.
Easy to clean, no noise, no mess, no steam or smell; my colleagues don’t even notice it’s in use until I start eating! It’s bubbling hot when it’s ready. I do stick a splash of water in with the food in the container with things like lasagna to keep it moist in there. It’s best used with the food in a container, as I fear the removable metal tray would stain and scratch with use. @Helen
7. With this pet feeding reminder, you can rest easy knowing that your furry friend is always getting the nourishment they need to stay healthy and happy. It’s perfect for busy families, especially if your pets end up either overfed or underfed because no one can remember who last fed them. Whether you have a dog, cat, or any other type of pet, this tool is versatile enough to meet your needs.
4.7 ⭐ out of 5
- This reminder can be attached to any surface or tile.
- It has 4 powerful magnets on the back and 2 adhesive stickers for non-metallic surfaces.
We are an extremely busy family. This makes it easy to know if someone has fed the dogs instead of calling or running around and asking everyone if the dogs ate. One of my dogs is a pig and will let you feed her 18 meals a day, and still, she’ll swear she has not eaten all day.
But the labels of choice for options are awesome. One of them says, “Did you feed the kid?” I laughed so hard that I almost put that label on the chart. The kids said that wasn’t funny. Hahaha. @Noelle W.
8. This foldable keyboard seamlessly integrates with your tablet or phone, ideal for use at school, work, or during your travels. With its compact design, you can easily transport it without worrying about damaging the keys. Simply fold it up and store it in your bag. Plus, with Bluetooth connectivity, there are no cords to worry about.
4.3 ⭐ out of 5
- This keyboard has a touchpad that can be used instead of a mouse.
- The charging takes only 2 hours, and a single charge provides more than 50 hours of usage time.
So good! Highly recommend. I bought this for longer reports that I need to write emails for when using my phone. This is really handy, works quickly with Bluetooth, and is light and small, so it fits perfectly if I need to carry it around or keep it in the van. The one issue is that the pound symbol is not on here because it’s American. @DanJo
9. With this portable espresso maker, you can escape the disappointment and expense of searching for a quick (and usually not the best) espresso on the go. You can experience authentic espresso with just ground coffee, boiling water, and a few hand pumps wherever you go. And it requires no batteries or electricity.
4.6 ⭐ out of 5
- All components of the portable espresso maker can be effortlessly separated for a thorough cleaning.
- It is available in 5 different colors.
Nice for the night shift! I really love this. I’m a resident, so I often work long shifts. Most places have coffee machines, but there are not always coffee supplies, and sometimes I don’t want to make a whole pot.
This is easy to use, makes a small shot that is easy to drink quickly, and doesn’t take more than 5 minutes to make once you get the hang of it! I would recommend it to anyone with long hours or overnights. I’ve found that the most important thing is cleaning and maintenance. As long as this is taken care of, I can see it being useful for years to come! @Kayla L
If you were able to find a portable gadget that helped you improve one aspect of your life, check out more helpful gadgets that will help you change your entire life:
Bright Side gets commissions for purchases made through the links in this post.