Curious Features of the Female Body Even Women Themselves May Not Know About
Women’s bodies are wonderful and unique things in nature. Not only are they capable of creating and giving birth to new life, but they also go through many changes due to fluctuating hormone levels. Additionally, there are many other captivating facts about women that many people may not know.
We at Bright Side have collected some little-known facts about the female body that might surprise even those who live in one.
Women sense things differently.
- Women see a larger spectrum of colors. Not only do they have a larger color vocabulary, but they can also better distinguish similar hues. They’re also less likely to be colorblind.
- There are more taste buds on the female tongue than on the male tongue. During pregnancy, women taste flavors even more intensely than usual.
- Women have more brain cells in the olfactory bulb. This area of the brain is dedicated to smell, and that’s probably why they have a better sense of smell than men.
There are some interesting physical differences between the 2 genders.
- Women usually store fat around the hips, buttocks, and abdomen in order to protect their reproductive organs and their babies during pregnancy. When men gain weight, it tends to go to their stomachs.
- Although testosterone is often thought of as a male hormone, the female body makes it too, just in smaller quantities. Women need it for healthy bones, among other things.
- Women have a stronger immune system than men because of the female hormone, estrogen.
- That might be one of the reasons why they also generally live longer than men.
- The female body is more flexible than its male counterpart. Women’s bodies are more flexible because of their structure, allowing women to carry babies more easily.
- Women are less likely to have hiccups than men. Even when women do get them, the hiccups are more likely to go away in a shorter time.
- Most women have asymmetrical breasts. According to studies, in most cases, the left breast is bigger than the right.
There are some surprising differences between the male and female brains.
- Although the female brain is slightly smaller than the male brain, that doesn’t mean women are less intelligent. In fact, a smaller brain size allows for more connections in the brain as well as a higher ratio of gray matter to white matter.
- Women’s brains are better suited for remembering small details. According to a 2019 study by the Karolinska Institute, they can better recall where they put something or exactly what people said during a conversation.
Which of these facts surprised you the most? Do you have anything else to add to the list?