Just 10 Items Truly Worth Buying for Your Next Trip
To be even happier, book a trip! A study said that waiting for a vacation trip makes you a cheerier person overall. And for a way to make any journey go without the little annoying problems, take a look at the products below.
- Folds up to 2 inches (5 cm) thick.
- Available in a variety of colors.
- When unfolded, meets most airlines’ carry-on baggage requirements.
- It has 2 wheels instead of 4, so it can’t spin 360°.
This suitcase is exactly what I wanted—both a hard and soft shell. It’s simple without compartments, which allows for efficient packing of more things, and I love the color. The handle is a bit flimsy and seems like it might break. I’ve used it a few times without issues or anything breaking, so maybe it’s more stable than it seems.
Fits perfectly in overhead airplane storage. It’s much easier to roll than I expected, given that it has only 2 wheels. I highly recommend it if you’re looking for a simple suitcase without fuss. @MM
2. This portable all-in-one razor includes a moisturizing oil head, razor and spray! Just swipe and shave anytime, anywhere. It will fit even the smallest bag.
- The moisturizing bar contains coconut oil, shea and cocoa butter, which make the skin smooth and silky.
- It comes with 3 shaving blades.
- Truly easy to use.
- You need to wait until the razor dries, so it doesn’t start to rust under the cap.
- The water bottle is small enough to last for a long trip.
- The soap pad is hard enough to quickly lather up a spot before shaving.
I am glad I decided to buy this! It gives a close shave on the go. I bought this for camping trips, but I think I will use it for more than just that! It’s easy to hold and use. The bar is moisturizing, and after shaving, I just rub it into my skin.
The only downside is the size of the spray bottle. I was able to shave both legs from the knee down with the amount of water I had. That’s all I really need to shave, but if you have to shave your entire leg, it will not be enough water. It is easy to pop in and out to refill. I’m going to put it in my purse if I miss a spot on my leg or have an “oh no, I didn’t shave” moment. @Rachel
3. Hyper-capacious yet handsome backpack is sure to be with you on every trip now. It’s made of durable waterproof material, has good breathability and keeps you cool when worn for a long time.
- Has many pockets for all purposes such as storing wet shoes and a laptop.
- It even has a built-in charging port.
- Available in many colors and sizes.
- You need to choose the size carefully so that it was not too heavy and too big for carry-on luggage.
I love this backpack! It truly fit everything I needed when I couldn’t bring my suitcase, and the padding and support on the back and the straps made it so comfortable to carry, despite how full it was. The way the backpack is structured distributes the weight evenly and does not cause strain at all. The many compartments make it so easy to keep things organized and allow you to fit more things just when you think it’s full.
I kept my clothes rolled up in the main compartment, my toiletries in the waterproof front compartment, and my laptop and Kindle in the back. The bottom compartment was perfect for all my cables. The only thing I would change is the portable charger pocket; it is slightly too small to fit bigger battery packs. It held up well despite all the roughage it went through on the trip, and the material is super easy to clean.
Bonus: I moved into a third-floor apartment with no stairs, and I now use this to carry things up because of how comfortable the backpack is! @Olivia
4. This is the most compact wireless charger that can power all 3 of your devices at the same time! Just put your iPhone, AirPods and iWatch on it. You can stack it horizontally to watch movies and vertically to chat.
- It is compatible with most models of new devices.
- It can be used not only when traveling, but, for example, daily on the bedside shelf.
- It comes with an adapter and cable.
- Available in many colors.
- It doesn’t work with devices other than Apple.
- Not compatible with iPhone models older than 12 series, and you should also check compatibility with iWatch and AirPods.
- When you put the phone to the charging spot check if the process is going on since the wireless charging area is small.
Great for travelers. Solved my problems with multiple charging cords. @Kirsten Schmieding
Much nicer than I thought. This device looked a little flimsy in the pictures on Amazon, but it is so nice in person. I prefer to keep it flat on the table, but I have used it sitting up as well. The magnets are strong, which I like.
The Apple Watch chargers have never been a favorite of mine because I always need to fiddle with them to position my watch on them. This charger grabs the watch as I near it, and it never falls off unless I take it off. Same thing with the phone.
I like the security of knowing my devices are locked in and won’t accidentally be jostled off the charger. It works well and looks good, and that’s a great combination in my book. I will definitely purchase another one for the bedroom. @Donette Homra
5. This soft laptop case will appeal to those looking for style and protection. When it’s not in use, you can compactly fold it into your bag. The plush inner fabric will keep your laptop from getting scratched.
- It will fit most laptops, you just need to check size compatibility.
- It is available in different colors and sizes.
- It is very lightweight, so it is convenient to take on trips.
- Because of the softness of the cover, it may not provide as much protection as a hard one.
- Light colored covers can get dirty easily.
I was afraid the “puff” was going to be too bulky and take up a lot of room in my backpack, but it’s not that puffy! It’s cute enough, but it’s not tacky or impractical. I love the color; it’s a true light beige.
I was afraid my laptop would be too small and bounce around in the case, but it fits lengthwise perfectly. It’s snug but definitely not tight, with a little bit of room width-wise to make it easy to take out the laptop. The inside is soft, and overall, this has a decent level of protection. I’m very picky about my computer gear, but I’d recommend it! @Leah
- 4 pieces are included.
- They are available in different colors.
- They are suitable for any liquids like shampoo and thicker creams.
- The kit doesn’t come with a cosmetic bag.
- They are not labeled.
They are soft to the touch, and with a wide mouth, they are easy to refill and go. With the lid lined up, I have yet to have a leakage problem. But they take a bit of force to squeeze out the contents, so some time it will kind of go all over the place until you get used to it, but even then it is still a bit much at times and not enough other times. Not for the easily frustrated.
The other flaw that comes with using most silicone products is their natural ability to attract dust and cling to hair. Each time they are used, they can feel gritty and need to be rinsed off to feel smooth again, so the recommendation is to rinse them off, air dry, and store them in their own carry bag separately from the normal things we all pack in our bags. @Sy Afterthoughts
7. A great way to wash off makeup anywhere at any time without carrying around a bottle of remover! These mini wipes will fit in even the smallest bag and will be useful in your everyday life, too.
- There are as many as 20 wipes that come in individual packages.
- The disposable wipes are hygienic, they thoroughly clean the skin and don’t need to be washed off.
- They are made of 100% vegetable fibers and are biodegradable.
- It has an odor, you need to be very careful with wiping your eyes.
- One wipe may not be enough to remove a lot of makeup.
These are good for sensitive skin. I do wish they had a bit more moisture to them to help “melt” away eye makeup with less rubbing. This size is specifically good for short weekend trips when you’re trying to minimize what’s in your toiletry bag or want to toss it in your purse, gym bag, or whatever. For longer trips, I tend to get the 10+ packs; they’re more economical and easier to pack. @Amazon Customer
8. This sunscreen stick SPF 50 is perfect for on-the-go use for the whole family. Convenient travel packaging makes reapplication easy and leaves your hands clean. Suitable for sensitive skin areas such as lips, nose, earlobes and around the eyes.
- It is water-resistant, non-comedogenic and odorless.
- It is also suitable for children.
- It contains hyaluronic acid.
- Because of its hard consistency, you will need a little more application time.
- Its small size may not last as long as a regular cream.
The price is nice, and I love that you can travel with it anywhere. It leaves a bit of a white cast, but you can just rub it in, and it’s gone. It’s easy to apply, too! If you’re looking for an affordable, travel-size sunscreen with good SPF, this is it! @Mika
9. This portable fan not only comes in handy wherever you travel, but also cools your baby in the stroller. The flexible legs of the fan will snag on any object.
- Its compact size is suitable for taking with you.
- It is available in many colors.
- It has 3 speed functions.
- It runs for 3–9 hours, depending on the state of charge and wind speed.
- You have to be careful when attaching by its legs, so they don’t break.
At my baby shower, someone gave me a clip fan, and for me, it was one of the best gifts because, as a new mother, I did not know that this type of feature existed for strollers. The only thing I didn’t like over time was that it was an AA battery, so I always had to carry extra batteries in case the fan went out. That’s why I came to this one, and let me tell you, I love it. I can put it anywhere.
It has three speeds and is very versatile. The battery doesn’t last me all day, but I think it’s because I always put it on high. But I can even charge your USB in the car before reaching the final destination. But at the end of the day, I recommend it. @Tay Vázquez
10. This 4-in-1 brush will save a lot of space in your bag! It has everything you need for makeup! Just change the tips as needed.
- One piece includes a foundation sponge, different sized brushes for shadows, eyebrows, blush, concealer and liner.
- Space-saving design.
- The kit does not include a protective cover to carry the brush.
This is so perfect for travel! 4 brushes in one! They all worked well for foundation, blush, contour, and eye shadow. This is the only brush coming with me the next time I fly anywhere! @LHarrington
As soon as I saw this, I knew I had to get my hands on one!
This brush has completely changed the game for me! I always preferred a sponge since having to carry several brushes just wasn’t appealing to me. I also like carrying very few things in my tiny makeup bag, so I was really stuck on just using my makeup sponge for pretty much everything. When I got this brush, I automatically threw out my sponge, and this is literally all I carry in my bag besides my makeup now! This brush has all your essentials in just one amazing product! There is no need to carry all these separate brushes or even a separate sponge since it has its own! @Alana Hernandez
We are convinced that the opportunity to travel is one of the most enjoyable fortunes. And no matter how far or for how long you travel, it is still an adventure.
Bright Side gets commissions for purchases made through the links in this post. Reviews could have been edited for length and clarity.