20+ Meaningful Tattoos Whose Owners Didn’t Regret Them 2 Days Later
Some people think of tattoos as a way of decoration and choose pictures of butterflies, flowers, or the moon. But others are sure that body images are supposed to have a deep meaning.
This Bright Side compilation is about the second group of people. All these men and women decided to place very important things on their bodies: memories of dear people and unique life stories.
1. “Not an intricate piece but my very first tattoo to honor my autistic grandson. So pleased with it.”
2. “Best friend passed away last year. Got my first tattoo to remember all the good times we had.”
3. “This is my cat”
4. “A recreation of my grandpa’s 50-year-old tattoo”
5. “I used to write this on my arm with a Sharpie in high school. In February, I finally got to meet my favorite band and the lead singer wrote it out so I could get it tattooed.”
6. “Tattoo with my siblings, done by Frantz at Frantz Ink Studio.”
7. “My first tattoo, an homage to the neighborhood I spent so much of my childhood in.”
This is the town of Bikini Bottom from SpongeBob.
8. “Moved from Sydney to Ireland when I was 10. I’m 20 now and here’s my first tattoo.”
9. “First tattoo. Each tree symbolizes a loved one in my life + a faded one for my mom who passed. Love the simplicity.”
10. “Bear in honor of my dog, Bear”
11. “The tick mark signifies me being one year without bad habits.”
12. “My grandparents’ first date 54 years ago”
13. “100% deaf in my left ear”
14. “Finally did something with my scar.”
15. “Mom and I got matching pieces when she turned 70. Cool day.”
16. “After years of fighting depression. This is how I expressed my thoughts.”
17. “In honor of my cat who looks (and acts) just like him.”
18. “My parents’ wedding photo”
19. “My mom’s portrait. She recently passed away.”
20. “An eagle that my father was supposed to get tattooed, but couldn’t due to health problems, so I got it for him.”
21. “My daughter’s voice, saying ‘I love you baba’ done by Rooly Carther”
If you decided to get a memorable tattoo, what would it be? Tell us in the comment section below.