15 Bright Side Readers Share Their Stunning Wedding Dresses They Got for Almost Nothing
For many women, having the perfect dress is something they’ve dreamt about for nearly their entire life. That’s why choosing the right one can sometimes be more complicated than expected, even if money is not an issue. But most times, money actually is an issue. Thankfully, getting the perfect dress doesn’t always have to be expensive, complicated, or even time-consuming.
Bright Side and its readers are convinced that most of the time, with a little bit of work and a positive attitude, anything is possible — even finding the perfect dress for the perfect price. But you don’t have to believe us, just read these 15 stories about these readers’ wedding dresses and we’re sure you’ll be on our side. At the end of the article, you can find a bonus feature with the readers’ take on the matter.
1. “This is my $150 wedding dress. I was a bit afraid of receiving something ugly when I ordered it online, but I actually loved it.”
2. “My wedding dress was just under $50. And it was perfect.”
3. “My wedding dress originally cost $500. The saleswoman from the boutique felt that it was the right dress for me so she gave us a 50% discount.”
4. “I bought my wedding dress 4 years ago for $75 and a veil set for $15. We called the wedding off in the end, so everything is sitting in my closet. But I still wanted to try it on.”
5. “Less than $250 and I ordered it via Instagram!”
6. “Mine cost under $100 and I loved it. I have bad memories of that day because most of our friends stood us up and didn’t show, but the wedding dress was definitely the best part.”
7. “My dress only cost $300 and my mom made the veil. I loved it. You can barely notice it in the picture but it was an A-line dress cut.”
8. “This is my $62 wedding dress. We planned the whole thing in 2 months so I didn’t really have a lot of time to look for dresses but I loved it.”
9. “My dress cost $7 just 2 years ago and I can still perfectly wear it, even though I’ve given birth since then!”
10. “My wedding dress cost $250 and I ordered it online. The only thing I had to do was cut it.”
11. “My little sister bought her dress on Wish for $80. She looked so beautiful. And the bouquet was made by her father-in-law.”
12. “My dress, plus the veil, cost $200, more or less. I wanted a princess-like dress and this one fit perfectly!”
13. “My dress cost $126 on AliExpress, and the veil just $9. With all the money I saved, I could afford to invite some people that I wanted to have by my side at the wedding. It was a wonderful day.”
14. “My dress cost only $207. I loved it. My aunt made it for me and I couldn’t be happier with the result.”
15. “My wedding dress, which cost $25, is beautiful and I got it from Wish.”
Bonus: Readers shared their opinions and personal stories with us.
How much did you spend on your wedding dress? Did you inherit it from your mother or grandmother, or did you buy it in a store? Share pictures with us in the comment section, we’d love to see it!