20+ People That Recreated Art Masterpieces and Had a Blast Online
The J. Paul Getty Museum, one of the biggest art museums on the West Coast of the United States, started a #artathome movement on Twitter that got people from all over the world interested. People are supposed to recreate their favorite pieces of art using only the things they have at home. People are using everything: children, pets, garden tools, the stuff from their cupboards and fridges — people are really finding new ways of expressing themselves right now.
We at Bright Side were blown away by the imagination of art lovers and we want to share the best recreations of the great masterpieces that people made. And in the bonus, you will see how our writers supported the movement.
1. The Astronomer, Vermeer
2. Triptych of the Temptation of St. Anthony, Hieronymus Bosch
3. Painting by Pietro Antonio Rotari
4. Three Women, Hans Zatzka
5. Camille with a Small Dog, Claude Monet
6. Lady with an Ermine, Leonardo da Vinci
7. Self Portrait as a Tehuana, Frida Kahlo
8. The Milkmaid, Vermeer
9. American Gothic, Grant Wood
10. The Scream, Edvard Munch
11. Musing from Florentine Codex Book
12. Son of Man, Rene Magritte
13. Time Transfixed, Rene Magritte
14. Young Mother Sewing, Mary Cassatt
15. Ophelia, John Everett Millais
16. The Persistence of Memory, Salvador Dalí
17. Girl With Black Eye, Norman Rockwell
18. Dance at Bougival, Auguste Renoir
19. Ned Kelly, Sidney Nolan
20. Girl with a Pearl Earring, Vermeer
21. Portrait of a Man in a Red Turban, Jan van Eyck
22. Arnolfini Portrait, Jan van Eyck
Bonus: Our author also decided to take part and created her own version of Portrait of Adele Bloch-Bauer I by Gustav Klimt.
Let’s create our own online gallery of art! Leave your makeshift masterpieces in the comment section below!