20 Unusual Pics With Phenomena You Will Probably Never See Again
Have you ever microwaved a CD? Or dissolved a sock in sulfuric acid? If you’re not a scientist, I hope you haven’t tried any of these, because they are dangerous things to do at home. But thanks to the internet, you can still learn what happens during these crazy experiments right here in this article.
Bright Side has gathered a bunch of pictures that demonstrate just how much we haven’t seen yet.
1. This is what an ordinary marble looks when you heat it over a flame then immediately drop it into cold water.
2. An X-ray of a hand dipped in iodine — the iodine absorbs X-rays, revealing the skin around the bones.
3. This is what happens when a cat touches a plasma ball.
4. The ink stains on my wet receipt look like a fantasy map.
5. A failed attempt to make an omelet in Antarctica
6. The mark of an 8-year-old hand in a petri dish of agar
7. This is what happens to gummy worms when you freeze dry them.
8. Here’s what happens when lightning strikes a flag on a golf course.
9. Diffusion forcing barriers appear when you put M&Ms in a dish of water.
10. This cherimoya fruit looks like a snowy owl
11. Here’s what happens when you put a highlighter in the microwave.
12. An ordinary sock dissolving in sulfuric acid
13. The impact of an aluminum sphere 1 cm in diameter on a block of aluminum at ~15,000 mph
14. The visual that happens when you swing a string of glow sticks with burning steel wool at the end
15. Here’s what happens when lightning hits beach sand...
16. ...and when lightning strikes asphalt.
17. The consequences of toilet paper absorbing acid
18. The visual effect when you set up horizontal mirrors on a shack in the desert
19. The electrical discharge known as volcanic lightning
20. This is what a CD looks like when you microwave it.
Which experience shocked you the most? Which one made the most beautiful picture? Tell us in the comments.