19 Pics With a Backstory That Will Make You Smile Even on the Saddest Day
People say that a picture is worth a thousand words. However, there are many times in which simple pictures can be taken for granted, as if they were just showing us something common and uninteresting. It’s not until we hear the backstory of the picture that we realize that it actually captured something amazing and special.
So to prove that sometimes a thousand words are also worth a picture, Bright Side decided to make a compilation.
1. “Randomly reunited with my sister tonight after she ran away from home in 2005.”
2. “After years of broken teeth I could pay to get them fixed after 5 visits in June. I can smile again!”
3. “19 years ago today, my wife and I met in a waterslide line. Here’s us the night we met and us now.”
4. “My grandfather bought these in 1956 and gave them to me when he retired in 1996. I’ve carried them on many jobs, in multiple countries, over 3 continents. I hope he’s proud that he inspired me to become an engineer.”
5. “Just realized I took nearly the same photo on my honeymoon today that my mom took 43 years ago on hers.”
6. “My husband’s first credit purchase, 1971. On a Macy’s card, $300 limit. Still used every day.”
7. “I told my dad that I bought the game ‘Risk’ and wanted to play it with him. He said he’d never played. I show up to his house and find him with printed out battle plans and map strategies.”
8. “I’m a grocery cashier. A little girl comes through my line & gives me this. Said he would keep me safe.”
9. “Found $10 picking up trash along the road... then I lost my car keys. Happy Earth Day!”
10. “I bought my first house.”
11. “We’ve been best friends since we were 4. Here’s our prom picture from 2013 and us on Christmas 2019.”
12. “My girlfriend was unemployed last Christmas and couldn’t afford a gift for me so she painted this.”
13. “Came home from work to see my wife in her wedding dress. We’ve been married 8 years today.”
14. “It’s not pretty, but since I spent my 33rd birthday alone, I decided to recreate my favorite cake from scratch! Happy birthday, me!”
15. “Got a nice surprise from the cleaners after staying at a hotel for the past 3 months because of work.”
16. “The CEO of my company doing the dishes after buying everyone lunch. This is why I love my job.”
17. “My mom filming her first YouTube video, she’s always been too shy to talk to the camera but she did it!”
This is her YouTube channel.
18. “The woman who bought my cockroach painting sent me this just now.”
19. “My daughter turned 19 the other day. We had to use the candles we had on hand.”
Do you also have an image with a special backstory? Don’t be shy and share it with us! It would be nice to know the story behind your pic.
Preview photo credit fanzel71 / Reddit
Bright Side/People/19 Pics With a Backstory That Will Make You Smile Even on the Saddest Day
Share This Article