25 Things That Prove There’s No Country Like Singapore
Singapore is truly a place that is unlike any other country in the world. For example, if you decide to feed a pidgeon, you will have to pay a $500 fine. And there’s so much more that can surprise and fascinate you there. Like a 4-story playground in a mall or a robot that collects dirty dishes in food courts!
Bright Side has found some things that prove Singapore is truly one of a kind. You might even feel an urge to pack your bags and go there immediately!
1. Elderly and disabled pedestrians can tap their smart card to have more time at the pedestrian crossing.
2. A salmon vending machine
3. “What not to do in Singapore and the fines for them, found in today’s newspaper...”
4. A slide to go to the boarding gate
5. “This mall has a canal that you can ride a boat in.”
6. “People line up in an orderly fashion to get on the subway during rush hour.”
7. “Changi Airport has robot floor cleaners in the arrival hall.”
8. Curved escalators
9. “Restrooms in Singapore Changi Airport have sinks for kids.”
10. “New public buses come with USB charging points to charge your phone while commuting.”
11. “In Tampines MRT in Singapore, if you do 20 squats, you get a free ride!”
12. Supermarkets use digital price tags.
13. “ATMs give you an interesting quote while you wait.”
14. “My neighborhood has an umbrella sharing project.”
15. This walkway has traffic lights installed on the ground for people using their phones.
16. These phone chargers in the Singapore airport require you to pedal.
17. Singapore has a contingency plan for students who are late to exams due to train disruptions.
18. “I quite literally had an ice cream sandwich in Singapore today.”
19. “This hotel has a complimentary smartphone to use around Singapore with unlimited calls and data.”
20. Tray-return robots that patrol around the food court
21. Bus stop health education
22. This special assistance feature at a supermarket
23. “The hotel I stayed at had lockers in the lobby to charge your phone.”
24. Free movies at a public area in Terminal 3, Changi Airport
25. In this mall, children can play jungle gym style games throughout 4 floors.
Which thing did you find to be the coolest? We’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments!
Preview photo credit mz80 / reddit