15+ Famous Same-Sex Couples Whose Love Has Triumphed and Blossomed Over the Decades
A study has found that same-sex couples have higher-quality interactions with one another than heterosexual couples. After all, 2 men or 2 women would be able to understand and relate more to each other, which can make the communication in the relationship smoother. And just as some famous couples are proving, whenever 2 people love and deeply respect each other, there is no force that can interfere with their romance.
Bright Side believes that love is for everybody, and that’s what makes it such a marvelous and exceptional emotion. We will share 16 same-gender couples who leave us rooting for their everlasting romance.
1. Lily Tomlin and Jane Wagner fell in love 53 years ago.
2. David Burtka and Neil Patrick Harris have been together for 18 years.
3. George Takei and Brad Altman have been together for 37 years.
4. Barry Manilow and Garry Kief have been together for over 40 years.
5. Jodie Foster and Alexandra Hedison have been together for 9 years.
6. Lance Bass and Michael Turchin have been together for over 11 years.
7. Matt Bomer and Simon Halls have been married for 11 years.
8. Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Justin Mikita have been together for 12 years.
9. Billy Porter and Adam Smith have been in love for 13 years.
10. Wanda Sykes and Alex Niedbalski have been together for 16 years.
11. Denis O’Hare and Hugo Redwood met 22 years ago.
12. RuPaul and Georges LeBar have been together for 28 years.
13. Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi have been married for 17 years.
14. Tan France and Rob France met 2 decades ago.
15. Cynthia Nixon and Christine Marinoni have been together for 18 years.
16. Elton John and David Furnish have been together for 29 years.
What do you think is the secret to these long-lasting relationships? What couple would you add to this list?