15 Photos That Capture the Unstoppable Power of Time
Time is unforgiving, and it changes things we love and care about beyond recognition. And while it may seem like you bought your favorite jacket or a lovely coffee mug just yesterday, it’s only when you compare these things to the brand new ones that you realize how inevitable the flow of time really is.
Here at Bright Side, we couldn’t help but feel a bittersweet taste of nostalgia as we scrolled through these photos of once new things that became old and worn out over time.
1. “My grandpa’s wedding ring. He never took it off for over 50 years until the day he died.”
2. “New foot callus stone and callus stone worn with one year’s use”
3. “My granddad and his wheels, 1950 and 2020”
4. “The jeans I wear every day as a farmer: 1-year-old vs Brand new”
5. “I got these cups in February 2018. One of them I’ve been using daily and the other I kept as a souvenir.”
6. “Cat’s favorite toy, 3 months.”
7. “Replaced my boots with the same ones. New vs 2 years of daily use”
8. “My father had this made for my son’s 6th birthday. He turns 26 in April.”
9. “A jacket: after 8ish years of use and brand new”
10. “My 1998 stuffed Pikachu, well-loved and given to me by my parents. The second picture is a mint condition one.”
11. “New pair of work pants after 2 years of working in excavation.”
12. “New crisp $10 bill versus worn $10 bill”
13. “Door handles to a stairwell at my school.”
14. “Well-loved bear carried every day for 8 years”
15. “My dog’s harness. I forgot how pink it was.”
Do you notice how time changes things? Have you ever taken pictures of old items vs brand new ones?