15+ Designers Who Showed Us What It’s Like to Respect Nature
Whether it’s including a growing tree as part of an architectural space or creating a green bridge over a highway to help wild animal species migrate, there are a lot of cool eco-friendly solutions and concepts that reflect a new attitude toward designs being environmentally responsible, respectful, and helpful to nature. Let’s showcase below some mind-catching examples that got the whole Internet’s attention.
1. Christmas Island, Australia has over 30 underpasses and bridges to allow the red crabs to get to the beaches to mate.
2. Knives that are made from fork handles!
3. A green pass in Singapore for animals to cross the road safely
4. A restaurant that decided to leave the tree instead of cutting it down
5. Turtle tunnels under the railroad tracks in Japan to minimize train delays and save turtles from injuries
6. National Geographic is wrapped in paper instead of plastic!
7. A fire hydrant that doubles as a drinking fountain for dogs at a local park
8. People who put the fence over the tree roots instead of cutting into them — you deserve an award!
9. A water fountain that tells you how many water bottles have been saved by using it
10. The Netherlands created bridges for animals called ecoducts.
11. Instead of cutting the tree, they made a roundabout.
12. A playground entirely supported by trees
13. A squirrel bridge in Longview, Washington
14. A rope bridge for squirrels over a highway in Victoria, Australia has a camera that sometimes captures pedestrians.
15. True respect for nature
16. A restaurant put plants under their taps to reduce water waste.
17. They could’ve cut the tree, but they didn’t.
18. Moleskine packaging can be used as a ruler instead of being thrown out.
A playground in the trees is just like a child’s dream come true! Have you seen any of these eco-friendly design solutions in real life? Do you have pics to add to this list? We’d be happy to see your stories and pics in the comments below!