20+ Pics That Show the True Colors of the Country They Were Taken In
Human beings tend to be creatures of habit. We go to the same places all the time, eat the same types of food, and see similar landscapes. That makes us sometimes forget that there are other expressions of culture that are totally different from ours. That’s why, when we face foreign populations, their habits could seem strange to us and we find it hard to adapt to them. But the truth is that each one of us has a little piece of the planet, so it’s important to look beyond our customs and accept the unknown.
Bright Side has gathered pictures taken by several people around the world who share fun finds from all over that truly express the real essence of the places they were captured in.
1. “In Wroclaw, Poland, each cathedral and even the rivers have a tactile model nearby for blind people to see them too.”
2. “I’m in Saudi Arabia, and they sell camel milk in supermarkets.”
3. “A miniature traffic playground in Copenhagen where kids learn to bike in traffic”
4. “A hotpot restaurant in Queens puts all the spices in bear form.”
5. “Drove past this building that looks like a picnic basket in Ohio.”
6. “Harvey’s (Canada) gives ’grow your own plants’ instead of a toy in their kids’ meals.”
7. “Saw this surreal looking skyscraper on vacation in Italy.”
8. “A blue stop sign in Hawaii”
9. “This field of tulips in Holland”
10. “Someone in my town is crocheting little hats for postboxes, Dorset, UK.”
11. “In Wyoming, there are some huge snowdrifts still. I’m 6’1” for scale."
12. “These underwater statues I found in a canal in Copenhagen”
13. “A Filipino restaurant in Seattle with no menu”
“We don’t have a ’menu’ ’cus...I (Ate Lei) cook what I want (depends on my mood).”
14. “You are really not allowed to park along this stretch of highway in Florida.”
15. “Another obelisk found this morning in Detroit Lakes, Minnesota”
16. “Surprisingly voluminous trash cans in Amsterdam”
17. “Macy’s in NYC still has a couple of their original, still functioning, wooden escalators.”
18. “So, Subway is now selling pizzas in Brazil...”
19. “A friend ordered tiramisu in Scotland. Why sugar the lid?”
20. “In Germany, you can play pong with the person on the other side of the traffic lights.”
21. “This custom sink in the women’s room at the Chimacum Chevron”
22. “I just saw that in my neighborhood in France, there’s a daily baguette delivery service.”
23. “My friend is vacationing in Armenia. This is his $6 dinner.”
24. “A cake that you can buy out of a vending machine in a can”
25. “This Swiss water bottle has the mountain that the water’s from inside of it.”
26. “The local blood banks in Melbourne, Australia have these signs to show how much blood they have.”
Which country do you dream of visiting and why? Which detail of your city or country do you find unique? Share it with us!
Bright Side has its own podcasts now. Take cool articles with you and listen to new stories whenever and wherever you want.