21 Times People Took Something Ordinary and Turned It Into a Gem
It’s a real talent when you can take an ordinary thing and upgrade it to the exclusive level. For example, the legs of a simple chair can turn into pencils which then becomes a genius present for a teacher. An old piano can be remade into a coffee table. Not trash, just new furniture with a history.
We at Bright Side are passionate about design and would love to show you some great ideas that crafty people have created.
1. Grandpa made an amazing cradle for his grandson.
2. “Before and after our van build. It was 8 months of hard work almost every day.”
3. Hyper-realistic bridge diorama
4. “Perhaps my greatest work. Guinea pigs for scale.”
5. “A tie clip with a functioning thermometer”
6. “Dog kennel bed: We have a small house, so we made this loft of a bed and the dogs get kenneled right below us.”
7. “3D printed speakers — my project is finally finished!”
8. “I hand carved a new wooden wedding ring!”
9. “I made this to replace the stupid Lazy Susan cabinet.”
10. “This work desk is made from the body of an actual Tesla car.”
11. “I made a stool for my girlfriend who is a teacher.”
12. “Recently found a broken baby grand piano in the trash and turned it into a coffee table.”
13. “A bunk bed for my son’s glasses”
14. “I took a dying leaf off my houseplant and painted some starscapes on it!”
15. “I made an outdoor lounge chair from an old office chair.”
16. “I made folding chairs and a table from old pallets.”
17. “A before and after of how we turned our guest bathroom into a walk-in closet.”
18. “I collected bottle caps for 5 years to make this table.”
19. This hat contains a solar panel and a small fan.
20. A shelf made from a piano
21. “I made a hidden glow-in-the-dark galaxy on my resin kitchen floor.”
Have you ever created anything unique with your own hands? Would you prefer to buy new furniture or to upgrade your old furniture?