People Share Their Family Photos From the Past, and It Seems Something’s Always Going Wrong in Them
In the past, getting the perfect photo wasn’t that easy — there was no way to see the results of a photographer’s work right away and you could only hope that your pictures would be as good as you expected. So it’s no wonder that sometimes people got really unpredictable shots, especially when it came to the photos of their family.
We at Bright Side searched through old family photos submitted by internet users and chose 25 brilliant examples of awkwardness as it is.
25. How to exorcise a baby:
24. “Exactly 27 years ago, my mom took the perfect picture of me and my sister. Some things never change.”
23. “My sister, the originator of the ’Oh crap’ face”
22. “We wanted to take a family photo while on a hike, but our 9-month-old was obviously hungry.”
21. “My dad was sure that the church photo would only be taken from the waist up.”
20. When you’re trying to stay fit after all the wedding food:
19. “Our little brother fell asleep right in the dentist’s chair.”
18. “My precious!”
17. “I’m the only person in my family born in America. I’m also the poster child for when your parents dress you and don’t know English.”
16. If your mom wasn’t making herself into a ramp for your new BMX, did she even love you?
15. We all had a goth uncle Jack.
14. “My brother and I in the late 80s. Clearly missing band practice for any reason was not an option.”
13. Everything you need to know about marriage
12. Bosom buddies
11. “The photographer thought it would be a cute idea to get a shot of me and my siblings with our adorable pups.”
10. “As a child, my boyfriend loved small appliances and, in his eyes, the best one was the vacuum cleaner.”
9. “Just me, keeping an eye on my older sister.”
8. Family business
7. When your parents have always dreamed of having twins:
6. “My sister fell asleep on a family walk so she got plonked on the ground for this photo.”
5. When you’re trying way too hard to hold onto your childhood:
4. You can feel the love between these women.
3. “My mom stepped out of frame to take off her glasses at the last second. My Dad, brother, and I all had really different reactions.”
2. Something’s definitely wrong with the legs here.
1. “This is my parents leaving my grandmother’s house a month after I was born. My mother didn’t believe she could take care of me alone.”
Do you have your own awkward family photos? Please, share them with us in the comments!