What Loving Parents Need to Teach Their Children (Advice for Kids From 1 to 18 Years Old)
Publicist and religious leader William Channing was correct when he said that raising a kid requires more heartfelt thinking and deeper wisdom than managing a country. The art of child-rearing can be difficult, even for experienced parents, because there are so many things to teach your kids before they grow up. Additionally, you will have to lead by example when showing them the good things and the proper habits that you want them to learn.
Bright Side compiled a list of important and not so obvious things that children of a certain age should know about and should be able to do.
Up to 5 years
Make sure they know their home address.
Ensure they don’t talk or go anywhere with strangers.
To eat healthy food (and to avoid foods that they are allergic to).
To not feel shy in front of adults and elderly people.
To not be afraid to ask questions if there is something they don’t know.
How to take responsibility for their own actions.
- How to be able to search for information in books and on the internet.
- How to not to say everything that comes to mind, because it could offend someone.
- How to protect the environment and take care of animals.
- To know their parents’ phone numbers by heart.
- To know about safety rules during intercourse.
- How to understand their own feelings and the feelings of others.
Do you agree with these pieces of advice? Are you aware of any other tips? We would be glad to hear from you in the comments!
Illustrated by Alena Tsarkova for BrightSide.me