Sisters Show What Famous Characters Would Like in Real Life Using Only Vintage Clothing
Did you ever wonder how Winnie the Pooh would dress if he were a real person? Or what the Disney villains would wear out in the real world? British twins Danielle and Nicole did, so they decided to do something about it. These and many other questions were answered in their Instagram account where they post pictures of themselves wearing vintage clothes that our favorite animated characters would likely wear today.
Today at Bright Side, we’d like to share a compilation of Danielle and Nicole’s best clothing creations with you. We hope you’ll enjoy these as much as we did!
Danielle and Nicole are twins and they both live in the UK. Since they were very young, they loved playing with clothes and trying new styles and unique combinations. They even worked in the fashion industry for a while. But their love for design and creativity, together with their ecological awareness, led them to start their own brand of vintage clothing called Betty Berry in order to reduce our ecological footprint.
The name is inspired by both their grandmothers’ names, Betty and Berenice. They both influenced Nicole and Danielle’s style. Their goal is to offer an alternative to fast fashion, something that is more friendly to the environment. That’s why they carefully choose all the garments they redesign and turn them into unique gems. Of course, they also design their own garments from scratch, but everything is handmade and made with low carbon footprint fabrics.
Both Danielle and Nicole are proud of their work ethic and the public’s response. Thanks to the revival of vintage style clothing, the twins have managed to give old clothing new life with great success. Their Instagram shows how talented these girls are, and how they’ve managed to recreate our most beloved characters’ looks in a classy, vintage way without losing their own identity in the process.
1. Their own version of Anna and Elsa from Frozen
2. The Recess gang
3. Beauty and the Beast — but both of them are beauties!
4. A ’90s comeback look — why did we ever get rid of this stuff?
5. And this is what the new version of The Powerpuff Girls would look like.
6. Straight out of Neverland’s latest fashion show!
7. A tribute to American Gothic by artist Grant Wood
8. Andy Warhol
9. Frozen 2: more style and even more vintage
10. And this is what Winnie the Pooh would look like if he was a fashion icon.
11. Smells like vintage teen spirit...
12. A very wizardy style from Oz
13. There’s no graver crime than a lack of style.
14. Trekking in the forest is more comfortable with these boots and pants.
15. If you’re already happy, go vintage to be blissful!
16. Bridget Jones’ “Vintage” Diary...
17. Every single detail is taken care of.
18. “I like your clothes, would you like to be my friend?”
19. Some of David Bowie’s best attire
All of the garments worn by Danielle and Nicole in their Instagram posts are available in Betty Berry’s online store. Which one was your favorite combination? Would you wear these clothes in your daily life? Let us know what you think in the comment section!