8 Kitchen Gadgets That Can Take Your Cooking to a Whole New Level
There’s nothing wrong with feeling the urge to simplify your life, although there are some misconceptions about it. Take smart technology, for instance. It doesn’t make us dumb, as some might assume. But what computers, tablets, and smartphones can do is free up our brain energy to think about something else, serving as tools when we need them.
Today we decided to compile some gadgets to make sure you don’t waste too much of your time thinking about cooking. They will make your routine faster and more fun while assisting you in recreating restaurant-quality foods and drinks.
1. If you’re looking for a top-notch pasta maker, it’s high time you checked this one out. This genuine Italian device works as promised and will help you succeed on your first attempt: “Making fresh pasta is actually quite easy, and this is simply the best pasta-making machine there is!”
You can make 3 pasta shapes with it: lasagne (from 0.5 mm to 4.8 mm thick), fettuccine (6 mm), and tagliolini (1.5 mm). There are 12 interchangeable accessories for different options of thickness, cut, and shape. You just have to choose the right one.
Arrived on time; very pleased with the quality. PRO TIP: Loop the pasta in the machine so that it makes a continuous sheet. — Bogdan
Buy it NOW!
2. A press that’s perfect for making a snack and is a bit deeper than an ordinary one, so you can use it for bigger portions: “This makes great toasted sandwiches, and it’s really easy to clean. The only thing is that if you use a standard sliced loaf, it is a bit smaller than the toaster, so you need to be a bit careful when placing the sandwich in the toaster, but it’s great for doorstep sandwiches made from bread from the local baker.”
The bread press comes equipped with LED indicators for power and readiness. It also has non-slip feet, cool-touch handles, and a locking clasp.
Best toastie maker I’ve had yet. Cooks tasty toasties in a few minutes. Easy to use + the product looks good in my kitchen. — Matthew Bennett
Buy it NOW!
3. The set of 2 shakers and 16 stencils will help to spruce up your beverages and meals. You can get as creative as you like and have fun: “I’ve turned me into a home barista. The smaller can is big enough for one of those supermarket jars of cinnamon powder off the spice rack. The larger one is big enough for one of those Cadbury chocolate dusting powder pots.”
The shakers come in 2 sizes: large (250 ml) and small (150 ml). You can use one for cocoa and one for cinnamon powder. There are also 16 templates to make patterns for lattes, cappuccinos, cupcakes, cakes, hot chocolate, or even oatmeal.
Great product. I have a Dualit coffee machine, and its stainless steel look fits in well with the machine and cup accessories. The shaker and mesh top work very well to release the chocolate without getting clogged up, and the plastic cap is good enough to protect the contents from dampness getting in. I’ve read other reviews saying the plastic templates are thin, but what do you expect for home use? It’s a strong plastic, well-made enough to do the job, and easy to clean afterward. The little carabiner holds the templates nicely together, so you can either take one off the clip you want to use or spread them out like cards and use them while still attached. We have used them a few times. It’s easier to rest the template on top of the cup and sprinkle, as I found even my steady hands couldn’t hold it still enough to create a clear, unsmudged chocolate pic. Practice makes perfect. If you love your coffee, great addition to your equipment. My family loves it. — MrMay
Buy it NOW!
4. It might be stating the obvious, but this tofu press does what it’s supposed to: “Perfect. Guess what? It presses tofu.” You won’t have to buy tofu anymore!
This kit is very user-friendly. The tofu press consists of 6 basic parts and is simple to assemble. It fits nicely in the fridge and is dishwasher safe.
I make tofu every week now since I bought this tofu bud. It’s very easy and I use soymilk from the shop. 2 liters of soy milk can produce approximately 450 grams of tofu, depending on how firm I’d like the tofu to be. This mold can fit all of it; it took me 1 attempt to get it right, but this is an extremely good tofu press. It’s not cheap, but it is very sturdy and can be neatly stored when you don’t need it in the cupboard. So far, I haven’t made soft tofu because I like firm tofu. Don’t forget to get the cheesecloths. I highly recommend it. — Lievianty Collins
Buy it NOW!
5. If you’ve always wanted to make ravioli but don’t know where to start, this stamp set is for you: “Easy to use and proportionate to the pasta maker. Very happy. It comes with a rolling pin. Highly recommended. Used a few times already. Makes great ravs.”
This ravioli maker has a lightweight yet sturdy aluminum frame. The mold is plastic-free and the rolling pin is made from natural wood.
I bought this at the last minute as I was unable to travel for Christmas, and I decided to make ravioli for lunch. It arrived super quickly, and it works brilliantly. The only downside is that it is very wide, and you have to make sure that the dough covers all sides. Aside from that, just make sure you put plenty of flour at the bottom and there will be no issues. — Elena S.
Buy it NOW!
6. This multipurpose kitchen tool is too versatile to miss out on. It can be a funnel, lemon squeezer, egg separator, measuring cup, or can opener. It is also quite easy to use and clean: “I love it! Use it most days. It’s easy to clean and put back together.”
The item is durable. It comes in a bright, colorful bottle. It has a diameter of 8.4 cm and a height of 28 cm. The weight is over 250 g. It is made from food-safe, non-toxic plastic.
Absolutely BRILLIANT product!!
7. This funny peeler proves that looks can be deceiving! “I purchased this in January 2021 after watching my wife struggle a bit with peeling potatoes. It was worth the risk of giving it a try. It is made of cheap-looking material, but it does make peeling potatoes a breeze, and with daily use, it’s still working. It’s worth every penny. Brilliant.”
This peeler can be powered by 4 AA batteries (not included) and a 6V adapter charger (included). You can peel apples, potatoes, oranges, mangos, cucumbers, persimmons, kiwis, pears, and some other smooth, hard vegetables and fruits. It comes with 3 replaceable blades and a handy thumb knife that can be used to scoop out the potato eyes quickly and easily.
Saved me hours of work getting my fruit peeled for sauces. If I could get an all-steel one, I would buy it, but this is great, and it has a spare blade too. Definitely 5 stars! — maz
Buy it NOW!
8. This french fry cutter is a must, especially for fast-food lovers. It is very efficient, but be careful! Working with this device needs your full attention: “This is pretty cut and dry, so to speak. Chop off a tiny bit at either end of the potato to make it flush. Pull down on the arm. Done. The unit is not lightweight and a bit bulky to store, but it is worth it. So much easier than hand cutting, and the blade unit is sharp. Be warned to be careful with it, as you should be.”
The blade is of high quality. It is made from stainless steel and engineered to last for years of use. You can use it for cutting potatoes, carrots, cucumbers, eggplants, and onions. The device itself is space-saving and easy to clean.
This size potato works perfectly; however, of course, if the potatoes are longer or bigger, we just cut them in half. The suction stayed in place while cutting, the slices were all even, and they baked evenly as well. We added a sprinkle of kosher salt, black pepper, and an itty bit of cayenne pepper for a little kick... Worth the money. We are very satisfied. — Epik C.
Buy it NOW!
What gadgets do you find most ingenious? Which of them have you already tested?
Bright Side gets commissions for purchases made through the links in this post.