15+ Adopted Pets Who Were Given a Second Chance and Thrived
You don’t have to go far or do something grand to make a difference in the world. Even adopting an animal can be a life-changing experience not only for the owners but the pets as well. These four-legged dudes used to be cautious, scared, disappointed, and totally untrusting. Look at them now, they’re shining like never before!
Bright Side proves that the power of kindness can be a complete game changer.
1. “Named her Possum due to the tail situation, but not sure that applies anymore”
2. “Was surrendered by a family who had him for 8.5 years.”
“They were moving to an apartment that didn’t allow dogs. They had a 15-year-old kid, so I can’t imagine how hard it was for them. I promised to love him with my whole heart, which was easy.” © Forestfernweh / Reddit
3. “We took home this sick pup that had cirrhosis of the liver and wasn’t expected to live more than three months.”
“Today marks one year since we brought him home, and now he’s healthier than ever!” © randomgurl1234 / Reddit
4. “My pride and joy”
5. “My sweet baby. Her adoption pic vs now”
6. “2 weeks ago, I adopted a boy with the saddest face from a nearby shelter. Meet Tom Bombadog!”
7. “A stray dog came into my office and looked at me like ’you are my human,’ so I adopted her.”
8. “It has taken 2 years since we adopted her, Reba has dropped more than half her weight and I couldn’t be more proud of her.”
9. “We adopted Nova 12 weeks ago today and I wanted to share with you all how much he has changed since he arrived!”
10. “Today marks 3 years since I adopted Merlin. Here he is when I first met him and the handsome boy he is today.”
11. “Igor on adoption day vs 30 days later, such a cutie!”
12. “When we first adopted our dog a few weeks ago vs Today. He a thick boy now!”
13. “My brother’s dog, Ricky, before and after adoption.”
14. “3 years, I adopted this terrified little soot sprite, Tina, from a rescue org. Look at that glow up!”
15. “Adopted this cute and overweight kitty, put him on a diet and now he’s less than half the weight of when I first got him!”
16. “Went from a scared doggo to an adorable and happy doggo!”
17. “Day 1 vs Day 30 after adoption”
18. “Adoption day! This is Tucker!”
Have you ever adopted an animal? If not, would you take one from a shelter?
Subscribe to our podcast on Spotify or Apple podcasts to enjoy our best stories and give a real treat to your ears.