15 People Talk About the Things They Really Regret Buying
Sometimes, we buy things we later regret buying. And then we don’t even understand what we were thinking until it’s already too late.
We at Bright Side also have things we wish we hadn’t bought, but it’s nothing to worry about, it’s just a good reason to laugh at ourselves and our silly decisions.
When I saw the cat’s reaction, I realized I shouldn’t have bought it.
- I spent $40 at one of those amusement park booths where you had to throw darts at balloons. For some reason, I picked out this really ugly 7 ft tall frog stuffed animal. It’s in the corner of my closet and still scares me when I’m half-awake in the morning. © -ariose-
- I once went to a novelty/thrift shop that had a ton of random stuff. I ended up spending $10 on a framed picture of Count Dooku, Darth Sidious, and Jango Fett from Star Wars, since my girlfriend thought it was funny. The frame recently broke and I found out after seeing the back of the picture that it was from a calendar from when Attack of the Clones came out. Someone just cut this picture out of an old calendar, put it in a frame, and I voluntarily spent $10 on it. © donnysaur95
- I’d had a few drinks and wandered into a Williams Sonoma store in a state of euphoria. There I saw a special edition Kitchen-Aide stand mixer, in bronze, that was the most beautiful thing I’d ever seen. It was on sale for $999. Naturally, I bought it, but because I’m a single guy who doesn’t bake, now it’s just taking up some much-needed counter space. © o_shrub
I was 11 and my dad gave me 50 bucks to spend at the mall. So, I wandered into a gift shop and spent it all on an electronic vibrating oinking pink pig. I never played with it after I brought it home. © TheQueensBishop
This past Christmas Eve I was doing some last-minute shopping and came across a wine glass shaped like Buddy from the movie Elf, which of course also had Will Ferrell’s face on it. With everything kinda being out of order with the holiday rush, I didn’t know how much it cost, but I bought it on pure impulse because I thought it was funny. It wasn’t until I left the store and looked at the receipt that I realized that it cost $22, which is way more than it’s worth. To remind me of my mistake, I now drink out of that glass exclusively and have been for the past 5 months, I have to wash it like twice a day but I won’t stop using it until I feel like I’ve gotten my $22 worth. © JustSarver
I once bought my girlfriend a hat and had her name embroidered on it. She asked me if I would ever wear a shirt with my name on it. I would not. © armen89
“I thought the size would be bigger. At least my dog fits on the mat.”
This year, I paid $60 at a thrift store for a Shrek action figure wearing a Nascar racing suit. © Almost_A_Pear
I just spent $250 on the 1989 Batmobile Lego set. It arrived today. Part of me is excited to build it. However, the other side just thinks, “what are you doing, you’re a 27-year-old man spending money on Legos.” But I’m still excited to build it tomorrow. © captainWaffles01
- I was at a Russian exhibit at Expo ’86. My parents gave me a $20 bill and said I could spend $10. I bought $20 worth of Russian newspapers. To this day, I still don’t know what I was thinking. © frustrated_ape
- I got drunk, started ordering Ninja gear off of Amazon, and forgot about it until it showed up like a week later. Swords, nunchucks, a suit, and a mask. © CeeArthur
- When I was like 14, I bought a pack of intentionally mismatched socks that were really expensive. Like, only one of each pattern. I could have bought twice as many normal socks and just mismatched them myself. © virgo-punk
Tell us about something you really regret buying!