25+ Curious Photos About the World That Can Be a Huge Revelation for Many People
Our world is so diverse that it’s just impossible to know about everything, even if you have a huge library. We, for example, didn’t know that ants are able to build temporary bridges using their bodies to make sure others can get across. And now we know what happens to a boiled egg if you forget about it for 20 years.
We at Bright Side hope that you also love learning new and amazing facts about our planet. If you do, here are 25+ interesting photos and GIFs for your viewing pleasure.
1. This is not a grape, it’s Valonia ventricosa, the largest single-celled organism on earth. Yep, this is a single living cell.
2. This ice looks like an eye.
3. A lone cloud over the city of Taipei
4. This fly is so light, it can stand on its hairs.
5. “Directly across from the Mona Lisa is a painting I found far more interesting.”
6. How a drop of water turns into a snowflake
7. The side of a peacock that most people don’t get to see
8. This plant has got some hips!
9. Ants building a bridge with their bodies to reach the wasps’ nest
10. In Italy, there’s a cherry tree that grows on a mulberry tree.
11. A crocodile propelling out of the water for food
12. What you’re looking at are plants that were grown from seeds buried in permafrost for nearly 32,000 years after being discovered on the banks of the Kolyma River in Siberia in 2015.
13. A close bolt of lightning
14. The world’s smallest international bridge connects Portugal and Spain.
15. The Cryptobranchidae, or giant salamander, is the largest living amphibian known today.
16. An X-ray of an arm after amputation
17. This is what it looks like when it rains from a delivery truck mirror — turn your headlights on!
18. A sign language interpreter at a rock concert
19. This oil and vinegar bottle
20. These birds are Indigo buntings. Males are bright blue and females are brown.
21. A bolt of lightning very close to a plane
22. The biggest bird sculpture in the world is located in India.
23. If you’ve never seen a seashell move, here you go!
24. There was a storm and lightning struck the tree!
25. What happens to broccoli if you don’t cut it fast enough:
26. In Saudi Arabia, there’s a huge rock split exactly into 2 halves.
27. “This could’ve been my skull. Wear your helmet, kids!”
28. “Mom saved an Easter egg for 20 years. The white disintegrated and the yolk fossilized.”
29. This bread that’s sold with the crust cut off in Japan
Which of the photos was an unexpected discovery for you? Tell us down below!