13 Celebrities That Wore Eco-Friendly Outfits on the Red Carpet, and We Applaud Them
Some celebrities, one way or another, try to make a positive change in the world. Whether it’s by donating money, adopting children, or wearing outfits made from recycled materials, we believe that every deed counts.
Bright Side collected 13 pics of celebs’ outfits, showing that you can be stylish even in recycled clothes.
1. Hailee Steinfeld wore a swirling vortex of upcycled ocean plastic.
2. Natalia Bryant’s dress was covered in colorful floral sequins made from recycled PET plastic.
3. Maria Sharapova wore a dress from recycled plastic bottles.
4. Emma Watson’s Met Gala dress was made of recycled plastic bottles.
5. Gisele Bündchen wore an eco-friendly dress made of 100% GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard) certified organic silk and cotton.
6. Margot Robbie’s dress at the 2016 Met Gala was lined in organic silk and has zippers made from recycled materials.
7. Lily Cole arrived at the 2016 Oscars wearing a dress made of plastic bottles.
8. Cameron Diaz wore a dress from organic, certified silk, festooned with thousands of recycled glass beads.
9. Timothée Chalamet’s outfit was made from regenerated nylon created from materials such as ocean plastics, fishing nets, and textile fiber waste.
10. Sophie Turner wore a pale gray eco dress made from organic silk.
11. Thandie Newton’s sustainable dress was embellished with gold upcycled Swarovski crystals.
12. Léa Seydoux wore a dress from Tencel Luxe filament yarn and organic silk faille.
13. Daisy May Cooper wore a dress made of trash bags and she donated the money she would’ve spent on a proper dress to her local food bank.
Do you wear clothes from recycled materials? Which of these outfits did you like the most?