14 People Who Proved Recycling Old Outfits Is the Future of Fashion
In America alone, the amount of wasted clothing in the past 20 years has risen from 7 to 14 million tons every year. That’s why it makes sense to never throw something away or try to pass it on unless it has been used as much as possible. Apart from the environmental side, there is also a sentimental side to sharing your old clothes with your offspring. It’s just so cute seeing a wedding dress being passed down through generations.
Bright Side collected 14 images that prove how one outfit can be passed on from one generation to another plus a bonus that shows how sometimes the older generation borrows from the younger.
1. Angelina Jolie and Shiloh Jolie-Pitt
2. Carole Middleton and Kate Middleton
3. Brooke Shields and her daughter Rowan Francis
4. Courteney Cox and Coco Arquette
5. Victoria Beckham and her daughter Harper
6. “I transformed my grandmother’s and mother’s wedding gown into my dream dress!”
7. “My mom’s dress was too short in front for me to wear as is, so we refashioned it into a ‘leaving the wedding’ dress.”
8. Lisa Rinna and Delilah Belle
9. Kris Jenner and Kim Kardashian
10. “Updates to mom’s dress.”
11. “I wore my mom’s dress from 1980.”
12. Angelina Jolie & Zahara Jolie-Pitt
13. “I kept the skirt and had a completely new top made. I also had the buttons from my mom’s dress added down the back of the dress.”
14. “The evolution of my grandmother’s wedding dress.”
Chrissy Teigen’s mom, Vilailuck, “stole” her designer dress.
Have you ever recycled an outfit that your mom or dad wore years ago? And if so, we would love to see some pictures.
Got some cool photos or stories and want to be featured on Bright Side? Send them all right HERE and right now. Meanwhile, we’re waiting!