16 Photos of People Who Changed Their Gender and Became Their True Selves
We’ve all experienced that feeling of discomfort, when you’re with a group of friends and feel like you can’t trust them or be your true self around them. Now imagine that’s how you feel all the time, with everyone, even those closest to you. Being able to be your true self with others shouldn’t be something that some people can do and others cannot. But it’s not always as simple as it sounds. It requires courage, especially if you feel like you have to confront most of the people you see and speak to every day.
That’s why Bright Side wants to proudly share the before and after pictures of transgender people who’ve transitioned. Raising awareness about the difficulties in doing so might be the first step for allowing everyone to be who they want to be, and finally, stay true to themselves.
1. “In becoming Ashley, my last step was to stop ’transitioning’ to Ashley and JUST BE her.”
2. “Same smile but this one’s real!”
3. “4 years and a lot of hard work later...”
4. “Sometimes I have to remind myself how far I’ve come in the past 2 years.”
5. “From when I tried my hardest to please other people to self-care, acceptance, and happiness”
6. “3 years ago in the summer vs now”
7. “Getting there a little bit everyday”
8. “2 years of glow-up later”
9. If it wasn’t for the tattoo, we’d say it was a different person.
10. “I feel so much better now.”
11. “This helped me find the pieces that have been missing all my life. I’m so much happier.”
12. “From depressed egg to cute chick in 18 months”
13. “I’m happier, which is all that matters.”
14. “Lots of baby steps — it’s a process.”
15. “I feel cuter every day. Love life. Things change.”
16. “Some of you might think that people won’t love you if you transition. I’m here to tell you that if you open your heart to the possibility of being loved, you will be loved.”
What do you think of the before and after pics of people who’ve transitioned? What’s the most courageous thing you’ve had to do in your life?