26 People That Were Lucky Enough to Find a True Friend in Their Mother-in-Law
It’s very common to assume that the relationship between mothers and their children’s partners is not usually the best; however, the truth is that there are hundreds of cases in which people manage to establish a close and harmonious relationship with their in-laws. Undoubtedly, it is very possible to find a second mother in them, and that feeling is one of the best in the world.
Bright Side has made a compilation of moments that prove it’s always possible to have a good relationship with your mother-in-law. And at the end of the article, you’ll find a bonus.
1. “My mother-in-law sent this to the whole family!”
I was cleaning the inside of my spoon, preparing to eat, when I realized that some fruit ended up stuck to my spoon — I did not plan it that way, but there you have it, a funny face for you.
2. “I’m the luckiest daughter-in-law alive! My mother-in-law made me a special vegan meal alongside the rest of the dinner. ❤️ So grateful.”
3. “My mother-in-law noticed my half-dollar on my keys and said she had a gift for me. Talk about an upgrade!”
4. “This is the wedding cake my mother-in-law made for my wedding. She had kept it a top-secret project until the big day for my bride and me.”
5. “Too Hogwarts-y? My sweet mother-in-law moved in and I wanted to display her family pictures for her, and I’m extra.”
6. “My future mother-in-law made me this shirt for Christmas. I love it! It even has a pocket. Zoom in.”
7. “It’s a stew, courtesy of my mother-in-law. Delicious!”
8. “The mother-in-law sends her blessings.”
9. “I know this might be hard to believe, but this is a pic taken by my mother-in-law. She is incredibly talented for someone who started taking pics so late in life.”
10. “I just got MARRIED, and my mother-in-law made me the best groom’s cake I could’ve asked for.”
11. “My mother-in-law knows I’m into Marvel, so she made me Groot using a technique called paper quilling.”
12. “My mother-in-law scored me this little beauty from Walmart for $15!!!”
13. “My husband and I are expecting our first child, my mother-in-law’s first granddaughter. When she found out, she immediately got to work on these 2 beautiful quilts.”
14. “The mother-in-law found this trove in her attic and was nice enough to gift me this haul!”
15. “The mother-in-law just brought me over my ’birthday cake,’ and it’s perfect! 😂😂😂”
16. “My mother-in-law is visiting from out of state and gifted me these cuttings.”
17. “My new skirt I got from my mother-in-law 😃😃”
18. “The first month spent at my mother-in-law’s house vs 1 year later.”
19. “My mother-in-law made this lovely mermaid-themed cake for my daughter’s birthday.”
20. “My 90-year-old mother in-law went disc golfing with us today. She rocked it! ❤️”
21. “My mother-in-law gifted us this amazing ’80s Olle Andersson lamp that my partner grew up with.”
22. “Lucky me, got this from my mother-in-law. Was my father-in-law’s turntable. It was in the junk pile after being in the garage for 20 years. After a clean, it’s good as new.”
23. “My soon-to-be mother-in-law has been sending us these pieces to a spooky village over the past 2 years. It’s finally looking good!”
24. “Got a PS5, my wife and mother-in-law spoil me.”
25. “This box of chocolate my mother-in-law brought over — that’s a pretty good sized banana.”
26. “My now-wife and I are on our honeymoon for a week, and my mother-in-law, who was scared of our dragon, is finally coming around now that she’s taking care of her for a week. Gemini is being a good girl.”
Bonus: Fathers-in-law are not far behind.
1. “The father-in-law gifted me his 1976 Gibson Les Paul. Belongs in a showroom!”
2. “My father-in-law gave us his old collection, 100+ records. You all know you can smell it!”
3. “My lovely father-in-law gifted me his old watch from the ’90s.”
4. “The father-in-law was having a clear-out, so he sent some things my way.”
Do you think a mother-in-law can become a second mother? How is your relationship with your mother-in-law?
Subscribe to our podcast on Spotify or Apple podcasts to enjoy our best stories and give a real treat to your ears.