26 People With Heroic Willpower Who Won Against Their Excess Weight
Every year, many of us make ourselves promises to lose extra pounds. But not all of us have enough motivation and willpower to actually start being active and stop eating junk food.
Bright Side discovered 26 heroes who achieved what they wanted thanks to the strength of their characters. Just look at them!
1. “I’ve lost over 160 lbs since 2014 and ran in my third ultra-marathon in 23 days!”
2. “It’s been a rough year and I still have a ways to go — but I can’t believe how far I’ve come already!”
3. “Lost 110lbs in 18 months after a rugby injury, started rowing for my university, and got my Masters in mathematics...”
4. “Over 4 years of weight loss, and I can say I’ve gone from 320 lbs to 171 lbs as of today! ”
5. “My sister has been amazing this year and I’m so proud of her!”
6. From 210 lbs to 137 lbs
7. “My mom found an old picture of me... It’s been a year and 100 lbs lost. I’m feeling great!”
8. “Face progress: I ran into an old college friend today who literally refused to believe it was me because I am ‘unrecognizable.’”
9. “This is my final form: healthy! I lost 182 lbs!”
10. “Thanks to myself for not giving up in the last 30 months.”
11. “The picture on the left is from a year ago. The picture on the right is from today. I met my weight loss goal, but I plan to keep it up!”
12. “This is in honor of fitting back into an old dress and my upcoming 30th birthday on Sunday. It’s been such a hard year, but my progress makes me smile. I think my final goal is 130 lbs (1.5 years of progress).”
13. “Lost 75 lbs and still going!”
14. “I lost 102 lbs. It’s still a work in progress, but it feels like I’m looking at a different person some days.”
15. “From after one year of dating to 2 months before we got married 2 years later. She has lost 30 lbs and I have lost 100 lbs.”
16. Check out the difference!
17. “Lost 70 lbs in 6 months. Can I have pizza now?!”
18. “Today I reached my goal weight! Over the last 7 years, I’ve literally lost a whole person. I had bariatric surgery on 10/5/2010, and have lost a total of 207 lbs. Now I can run, do CrossFit, and am actually living my life!”
19. “From the worst part of my life, where I was eating and drinking my emotions. To my lowest weight, where I became obsessed with the number on the scale, with excessive cardio and low calorie eating. To my happy medium after I found weight lifting and a flexible diet.”
20. From 282 lbs to 187 lbs. The difference is obvious.
21. “Here’s to the first year of my new life. I have never felt as good as I do right now!”
22. “I still have a long way to go, but I’m very happy with my progress.”
23. “I can’t believe how different the same shirt looks.”
24. “Cut back on junk food, started exercising regularly, and eating healthy. Feel better than ever!”
25. From 211 lbs to 150 lbs. This weight loss journey included cardio and cutting carbs.
26. “The left picture was from 2010, the right was from 2013. Managed to keep the weight off for 5 years now!”
Which of these transformations seems the most unbelievable?
Preview photo credit Teddyzander / reddit