15 Times When Expectations and Reality Were as Far From Each Other as Earth and Neptune
Shopping online can be an exciting activity for some. Waiting for your order to finally take it out of the box and discovering that perhaps your expectations were a little far from reality can be disappointing. In life, we may not always get what we want, but the truth is that every time a situation takes a different and unexpected turn, we can decide to react in a positive way.
At Bright Side, we like to see the glass as half full. And despite the fact that sometimes our expectations are floating in another distant galaxy, it is still possible to see the funny side of these plans that did not turn out as expected.
1. “The cake we ordered for my son’s 1st birthday.”
2. “My mom’s attempt at a hat for our dog”
3. “My mom learned why you shouldn’t buy things off Facebook.”
4. “The cake I ordered vs What was delivered”
5. “Snowman peeps.. the only thing that looks right is the cane but it’s still placed wrong lol.”
6. “This dog toy.”
7. “This watermelon popsicle.”
8. “Our cleaner has zero vacuuming ability.”
9. “I ordered 1 pound of mushrooms from Amazon Fresh. I got 1 mushroom, in its own little baggie.”
10. “Ordered some take-out Chinese and looked for my fortune cookie, only to find this.”
11. “I ordered a custom cake for a past anniversary. The left is what I wanted.”
12. “What I asked for vs what I got: gift wrapping edition (paid for 2 and only got 1 wrapped).”
13. “I tried.”
14. “Donut Bouquet I ordered for my birthday.”
15. “I asked for the photo on the left, with just a little fake blood. On the right is what the makeup artist gave me.”
“$60 ’professional’ Halloween makeup. I was not expecting this.”
Have you ever been in a situation where you set your expectations so high, you found out that reality was a complete stranger? Share your funniest story with us!