8 Cleaning Gems That Will Do Most of the Work for You
Imagine a world where that the sun comes out from behind the clouds, and our surfaces start to clean themselves. Sounds super-futuristic (and like a dream come true)! Apparently, scientists are studying the addition of titanium dioxide molecules in various coatings for things like outdoor furniture that can be activated by UV light. The reaction created destroys bacteria, algae, and fungi — meaning there’s hope that one day our things will actually be able to be self-cleaning.
Until then, the things in our house, unfortunately, still need a little help to be cleaned, and here is a list of products that can provide it.
1. This hack is perfect for people with hairy pets: use this special tool regularly and your carpets and furniture will always look as good as new!
This scraper is made of pure copper and is pretty sturdy. The product is 100% non-toxic and environmentally friendly.
Picks up what my Hoover leaves behind — absolutely brilliant! — Satisfied customers
2. This self-cleaning brush with a collecting compartment is very handy if you want to get rid of unwanted hair throughout your place without much fuss.
This gadget can be reused and is eco-friendly.
How to use:
- Simply move the roller back and forth on the furniture surface to pick up pet fur.
- Open the lid when you’re done.
- Remove the hair.
My best Amazon purchase so far! This is brilliant for cleaning up pet hair and fluff. I’ve had it for a few months now and use it every day, but decided to do a review as my cat just dropped every hair he possesses onto a cushion he decided to sleep on. It took seconds to clean up the cushion. I definitely recommend this product. — Amarie
3. If you’d like to save some money on getting your windows cleaned, you should give this ergonomic combo of squeegee and microfiber washer a chance.
This device can be attached to most extension poles (not included) with a threaded tip. The squeegee is 10″ (25 cm). You can use it for your windows, shower doors, mirrors, and countertops and make it squeaky clean!
WOW! We get endless salt spray from facing the water, and I have multiple large picture windows. I’ve been pathetically trying to clean with sprays and cloths, with little success. Never again. I was able to do my windows in less than 5 mins!!!!!! I used 1 part vinegar to 1 part water, and they’re PERFECT! VERY happy with my first attempt. Now I can’t wait to do them again! Which will be soon — haha — but at least now I know I can get it done in seconds, and it’s easy. — Jazz
4. If you want to make cleaning fun, then this electric spin scrubber with an adjustable extension handle and 8 replaceable brushes is the device to use!
The product has fast and low working speeds and comes in different colors. The brush is highly sealed and washable, BUT it cannot be used under water.
Honestly, the worst thing in my life is my cleaning schedule, but this product, omg. Once I started, I couldn’t stop. So fun and easy to use. Was worried because I’ve seen others that didn’t work so well, but this one cleaned my hard-to-clean areas effortlessly. The only thing I will say is, “hold on tight, or it will take itself for a walk.” — Booalie
5. This silicone toilet brush is the easiest to clean due to the material it is made of, and very comfortable to use with its ergonomic handle.
It is designed to scrub hard-to-reach places and is suitable for deep cleaning under the rim.
One of the best items I’ve ever purchased. Its description is spot on. I purchased the item with the wall hanging kit, but I put it on the side of the cistern. — Lord Flashard
6. A pack of 12 microfiber cleaning cloths with great absorbing properties is a must for a good clean.
These cloths dry faster than cotton ones. They are lint-free, non-abrasive, and easy to wash.
These good-quality cloths are super absorbent, making them great for polishing and using around the kitchen and bathroom. Happy with my purchase. Good for polishing cars too. — Anubis.
7. This genuinely sticky lint roller will easily collect fur and crumbs wherever needed.
The set includes 3 different-sized products. The handle is extendable and adjustable. You need to wash the tool with warm soapy water once it gets full.
I got these to help with the hair on my sectional from my pets. They work, don’t get me wrong, but I wish they came with an extra set of rolls for each roller. They fill up so fast with hair, and you have to clean them multiple times just to get the couch hair-free. — Dee Bevy
8. If you think that there’s no hair on your carpet, try this rubber broom with a built-in squeegee, and you will be surprised!
This tool really gets the job done. The handle is adjustable and is 61″ (154.9 cm) long. A microfiber cloth is included.
We clean the carpet daily with a Miele pet vacuum, and we have a professional cleaner who comes around every week. We thought there wasn’t any fur on the carpet, but as you can see in the photo, this tool picked up a lot of fur from the carpet. We have good eyesight too! This brush has 2 sides — one is a brush and the other is a flat side, which is the side that worked better for us. — S. L. Newell
Share your favorite cleaning secrets. What tools do you use?
Bright Side gets commissions for purchases made through the links in this post.