10 People Are Sharing Shameful Stories That Still Make Them Turn Red With Embarrassment
Mark Twain once said, “Man is the only animal that blushes. Or needs to.” And he was right because there is no human who never had a reason to turn red after doing or saying something. The main thing to remember is to always keep a smile on your face, and that’s what the characters of our article did.
We at Bright Side are all for having a healthy attitude about the past, which is why we want you to read these stories about people whose days went sour, fast. At the end of the article, you’ll see a bonus — an example of how animals can put us to shame for our weaknesses.
- I was 17 years old. In the summer, I started to work at my father’s company. Once, at the end of the working day, I was standing at the bus stop and waiting for the bus. Suddenly, a blind man came up to me and asked to help him cross the road. I had never had to do anything like this in my life and I got extremely excited. When we crossed the road, I realized that I brought him straight to a pillar, which he hit his forehead on. I thought I would sink through the ground from the immense feeling of shame. The good thing is that this person had a good sense of humor, he said some joke about it and left. Who is blind out of the 2 of us? © Overheard / Ideer
- My sister and I were at the beach today where we were playing cards. In order not to overheat my head, I put on a bandana. Some man had his wife come up to me and ask me to tell her fortune. © nervifa / Twitter
- One morning, I was going on public transport and there was a woman sitting next to me with a big bucket of raspberries. Almost the whole trip I was hypnotized by the raspberries, remembering that I had a full bowl of these waiting for me at home but I had no time to have breakfast that morning. When we were coming to my bus stop, the woman turned to me and said, “Young man, you are about to eat me too. Don’t do it!” Then she gave me a handful of raspberries. I took the berries but I became as red as the raspberries she gave to me. © fivefivefive / Pikabu
- My man and I went to buy some ice cream. As we were standing in the line and I was scrolling through my phone, I heard a conversation: “I got to know my blood type only during pregnancy, I have A+.” A man’s voice replied, “I also didn’t know I have B+ until the moment you made me and our daughter get our blood tested. She has O+.” Being a true medical worm and not taking my eyes away from the phone screen, I automatically said, “A+ and B+ can’t give O+.” There was an awkward silence, I looked up in horror, and was met with the same horror-struck eyes of that lady and my husband quickly took me away from the spot. © goodicecream / Pikabu
I was about 15-16 years old. I decided to buy myself lenses and went for an appointment with an ophthalmologist to check my vision and choose the right lenses together. At the end of the examination, the doctor asked, “Monthlies?” Being embarrassed, I answer, “Yes, the third day.” Hardly being able to hold back her laughter, the doctor (a woman) said, “I mean lenses. Do you need monthly or quarterly ones?” I started to laugh my head off and rushed out of the room. © Overheard / Ideer
Once I started to shout in an empty library hall, “Men, all of you are jerks!” When I turned my head, I found about 8 surprised male faces looking at me... © kirya_wolk / Twitter
Went on a first date with a girl from an online dating app. Things went well. We were making out in a small pub and I accidentally set fire to my shirt on a candle. Ended up staying at her place. Had to walk to work through central London the next morning in a half-burnt shirt until I could find a clothing shop and buy a T-shirt. © MassiveKnuckles / Reddit
- We were at my friend’s place. The host bragged about her unbreakable dishes. My 6-year-old kid carefully listened to her and went to the hallway with an empty cup. Turns out, there was a small ax standing behind the shoe shelf. The glassware ended up being breakable. It was an awkward moment. © unknown author / Bash
- I temporarily lived in a hotel in a small town for construction work for about 6 months. It was Halloween on a weeknight and lots of the construction folks went out partying. A woman friend and I made impromptu togas out of my bedsheets before heading out on the town. I crashed at her hotel that night, overslept a little, and walked back to my hotel along the commuter highway at 8 a.m. in only a toga. © silent_h / Reddit
My husband and I like to have fun: when he comes home, he sometimes asks me in a jokingly strict manner, “Where is he?!” Once my husband was waiting for me at home for lunch when I burst into the apartment and started to shout from the doorstep, “Where is she?!” Suddenly, in the bathroom, I saw a woman from communal services who came to us to seal the meters. The lady turned red and ran away saying, “Okay, I am leaving. Let your husband explain everything to you.” © unknown author / Bash
Bonus: “I was simply lying on the floor in the corridor...and then I decided to turn around.”
What “too shameful to recall” stories do you have?