15+ Pics That Prove Our Faces Are a Mirror Image of Our Ancestors
We inherit more from our parents than we can even imagine. From being a morning person to having a sweet tooth — it’s all in the DNA. How it all works is still a mystery, so if your daughter doesn’t look like you, check family albums — she may very well be the spitting image of your great-great-grandmother.
We at Bright Side would like to share these 19 photos that prove genetics are as thrilling as a roller coaster ride.
1. “My maternal great-grandmother and me”
2. “Me compared to my young dad”
3. “29 years ago...”
4. “My daughter looks a lot like my great-great-grandmother.”
5. “My son and me, 34 years apart”
6. “My dad’s genes are the strongest in the land! Here are my dad, brother, and son at the age of 15-16.”
7. “My little dude and I snooze the same way.”
8. “My paternal grandmother and me at age 3”
9. “My mom, my daughter, and I all look alike. The genes are stronger than strong here.”
10. “My sister has brown, green, and blue eyes all in one.”
11. “My mother and me, side by side, in our late teens and as children”
12. “My dad and me at 17”
13. “My wife caught my son and me, mid-game.”
14. “Found this picture of my great-grandfather today.”
15. “Here’s my son and me, age 14. My neighbor said I look like my son in drag.”
16. “Both my little sister and I have a mark in the same spot on the same arm.”
17. “2 generations of my paternal line”
18. “My son’s spotted hair”
19. “My mom and me!”
What is the most curious thing that runs in your family?
Please note: This article was updated in July 2022 to correct source material and factual inaccuracies.
Preview photo credit richardhandzhiev / Reddit
Bright Side/Curiosities/15+ Pics That Prove Our Faces Are a Mirror Image of Our Ancestors
Share This Article