20 Photos That Became Shining Gems in People’s Family Archives
One of the biggest family albums of all time contains 9,000 photos of people’s family life. All of them were collected in Australia by researchers who wanted to document Victorian history in an unusual way: through photos of people, their activities at home and work, and even play. And our heroes today may not have such “plump” family photo collections, but they definitely have some nice snaps that can resonate with your soul.
Here at Bright Side, we found 20 photos that might have become the top jewels in the families of people who shared them. We’d love for you to take a look at these masterpieces and find the one that can make the deepest impression on you.
1. “I broke my front teeth in half, and while they were getting fixed, I requested a pic be taken mid-procedure.”
2. “One of the few pictures we have of my husband’s dad, and on the right is my husband 27 years later holding our daughter!”
3. “This is my great-grandmother (98), holding hands with my cousin (30). It’s crazy what time does to the body.”
4. “A kid was desperately trying and failing to do it himself. A fellow passenger asked if he needed help — in San Francisco today.”
5. “Lucky (our cat) has embraced Micah (our son) as a part of the family.”
6. “My cousin offered me a memory for Christmas.”
7. “He decided to pull a prank on the dentist this morning.”
8. “My little cousin offered to carry my coat around Union Station.”
9. “My cousin, my brother, and me after 22 years”
10. “He wanted hair on his chest for his birthday.”
11. “My cousin asked his girlfriend to prom.”
12. “She just caught the biggest lobster I’ve ever seen.”
13. “My cousin donated all of his presents on his birthday to Toledo’s Children’s Hospital for terminally ill children. He is 6!”
14. “Found this picture of my mom in the ’70s, and this is my older sister now.”
15. “I used my teeth too to keep it fair.”
16. “Our little guy loves his pet chicken.”
17. “Snapped this shot of my cousin seeing her baby brother for the first time.”
18. “My wife caught us all napping.”
19. “Took a picture of a man and daughter at a coffee shop to show them what they would look like in 10 years.”
20. “My 100-year-old grandpa holding my 1-day-old cousin!”
What was a photo that made you totally emotional? Do you have a gem from your family album that you’d love to show to the world?