32 Times the Japanese Were Light Years Ahead of the Game
Most of us think of Japan as a majestic place like it is in anime movies complete with beautiful cherry blossoms. However, actually visiting Japan reminds us how advanced they are in technology and how respectful the community is — so much so, that it puts the western world to shame.
Here at Bright Side, we’ve decided to share pictures taken by tourists who visited Japan. They were as amazed to see these things as you’re about to be!
1. Robots that serve food and drinks
2. Elevators indicating the weather outside
3. Food in Japanese hospitals
4. The bullet train in Japan that feels as if it’s standing still
5. Japanese people make the country even more beautiful by painting the streets’ manholes.
6. A toilet that lets you wash your hands and use the water to flush
7. Japanese fans stay behind after a FIFA match to help with the clean-up.
8. The Japanese gum containers that offer paper pieces for wrapping your used gum in
9. Baby seats attached on the walls in Japan designed to help mothers using the toilet
10. Everyone follows the rules and respects each other.
11. Taking responsibility
The note in Japanese translates to: “I accidentally knocked over your bike and broke the bell. I am very sorry.”
12. Trying to save someone’s life by tilting the train and helping the man escape
13. Public toilet sound system
Some toilets in Japan have a button that plays white noise or water sounds so that people can feel comfortable going to the bathroom without other people hearing them.
14. The toilet system that lets you know which stalls are vacant or occupied
15. The refrigerated lockers that you can leave your food in and continue shopping
16. You are given specific slippers for your bathroom visit.
17. Tokyo commuters waiting for their train
18. A smartphone screen-wiper dispenser
19. Japanese airport staff sorting out the suitcases by color
20. A lamp in a Japanese hotel room that lights up half and half
21. Trains in Japan are equipped with foot baths to make journeys more relaxing.
22. The unwritten reverse parking rule makes drivers’ lives easier.
23. Emergency toilets are in several elevators in Japan.
24. Japanese ATMs have both cup holders and cane holders.
25. Stands that hold your smartphone to take selfies
26. Hospitals offer glasses with prescriptions for filling out forms.
27. Japanese taxis have these buttons in case the rider would like them to go slower.
28. A vending machine in Japan selling fresh farm eggs
29. Square watermelons that can fit in the refrigerator
30. Designated smoking rooms on Japanese trains
31. Japanese handrails that bend with the steps
32. Cans that contain alcohol have braille pressed in at the top.
Which one of these images is your favorite and which one shocked you the most? Please let us know in the comments below.