11 Problem Solvers From Amazon That Had Us Shouting, “Finally, Someone Was Actually Thinking!”
Despite all the technological progress we’ve witnessed during the last decade, a bunch of annoying everyday problems have still remained unsolved up until recently. Luckily, Amazon sellers heard our prayers and felt our pain, and today they are ready to provide us with simple yet brilliantly working solutions.
1. There’ll be no more damp or dry bread in your kitchen with this clever bread storage container that will let you dispense the needed number of slices by just pulling down the bread bag. The container is transparent, so you can always clearly see how much bread is left inside. The container stands up vertically, saving you space and making it the perfect fit for your kitchen counter or pantry. You can also easily take it with you on a picnic or a camping trip, and there’ll be no pesky little bread crumbs scattered all over the picnic basket!
4.5 out of 5 stars
Promising review: It is super easy to use and keeps bread fresh for a long time. I placed my bag of bread inside, and it’s been a week, and the bread stays fresh, tastes and smells good, and my kids love making the bread pop up. It is really long, so it fits standard bread size with plenty of room. I will be ordering another one for my wheat bread. @Rosie
2. Now you can enjoy your bath to the fullest and forget about that irritating sound of the water running through the overflow drain that gets on your nerves while you’re trying to relax (after all, that’s what baths are made for, right?). Just use this overflow drain cover, and it will add inches of warm water to your bath! The best thing about this item is that it doesn’t completely prevent water from running through the overflow drain, it just raises the overflow point. Its numerous suction cups ensure good sealing, while the item’s simple design makes it a perfect fit for any bathtub.
4.3 out of 5 stars
How to use it: Place the cover on the overflow drain using the suction cups and enjoy your bath.
Promising review: Finally! I have tried to find an overflow cover for several years. None of them provided a seal to actually stop the water. This is the first one that actually works.
The seal is great, and it doesn’t slip off after 10 minutes. I fully recommend this one! @Bill C.
3. If you’ve been trying to find a good way to get rid of used cooking oil, search no more: this cooking oil solidifier is a pure gem. No more pouring the oil down the drain (and surely clogging it!) or using random jars to collect it. This is a simple and tidy solution that works quickly and is mess-free. The product is plant-based, so you can discard the solidified oil with other organic waste, and it will break down in as little as 30 days!
4.3 out of 5 stars
How to use it: Sprinkle and stir the product into hot oil until it is fully dissolved. Let it cool down and solidify, and toss it in the trash.
Promising review: This magic powder worked so much better than I expected! I was doing some deep-frying in my enamel cast iron pot one night, and when I was done, I poured the powder in the hot oil just as instructed. The stuff dissolved right away, and I gave it a quick mix. I ended up putting the lid on and forgetting about it overnight.
The next morning it was a solid gel mass. I was expecting it to be the consistency of jelly, but it was actually surprisingly firm! I took a spatula and barely applied pressure to one side to loosen it and the whole entire thing separated in one clean piece without any stray chunks of oil sticking to the pot. It couldn’t have been easier!
I have always avoided frying like the plague for the sole reason that I don’t know what to do with the oil afterward. Now I don’t have to worry about that anymore! @Sahara
4. Tangled cords or a pile of small items scattered around the bag can even annoy the most patient among us. The solution is here: this versatile accessory organizer will keep your gadgets and necessities firmly in place. The organizer includes a large number of elastic bands in different sizes, so you can easily use the item to store all your accessories. It’s a good choice for storing and organizing chargers, headphones, cords, toiletries, stationery, and other small items. Thanks to its compact design, the organizer can be carried around in a bag. There’s also a convenient zipper pocket on the back of the item for additional storage space.
4.6 out of 5 stars
How to use it: Place your gadgets and accessories into the organizer and secure them with elastic bands.
Promising review: This has organized my life (my backpack). I was looking for something flat, like a notepad instead of a case, that makes my bag bulkier. This was the perfect solution. My coworkers are all jealous and want one. @Kb
5. If a mess around the stovetop and kitchen counter is a thing that prevents you from cooking, we’ve got a quick fix: a spoon rest with a lid holder. (Yes, someone finally felt that pain and found a solution.) This item, with its streamlined but clever design, will keep your kitchen surfaces tidy while keeping the lid to your pot and your spoon within easy reach for your ultimate convenience while cooking. Made from heavy-duty stainless steel, the holder should serve you for the long haul, making cooking a lot more enjoyable and less stressful.
4.5 out of 5 stars
How to use it: Place the pot lid on the pot lid stand and put the spoon on the spoon rest.
Promising review: I LOVE THIS! I didn’t know it existed, or I would have bought it a long time ago. I hate water dripping from a pan lid all over my counter or stovetop. Therefore, I’d been running over to the sink to set the lid down, so I could stir or flip whatever’s in the pan which was a pain.
This little thing sits right on the back of my flat top stove, holds up my lid, catches the moisture from it in the plenty-big tray, and has another tray for the spoon to rest in. It takes up space about as big as the smallest burner and is very lightweight.
Being stainless steel like my lid and pan, it looks decorative, even when I leave the lid stand there all day because I’m too lazy to wash it! It rinses clean quickly and is quite sturdy. You will love this product. @RD
6. If you’re tired of your cups being scattered all around the house (we know you are), buy this set of 4 hangable plastic cups that come with self-adhesive hooks. You can also place these cups low enough to help your kids learn how to become more independent and serve themselves some water — leaving the empty cup in place when they finish drinking. The hooks’ adhesive does not leave any residue when removed, and they can be attached to various surfaces, including glass, metal, tile, or fiberglass.
4.7 out of 5 stars
How to use it: Attach the self-adhesive hooks to the desired surface. Hang the cups on the hooks, and they’re ready to use.
Promising review: They’re great to help kids learn independence. We were having water bottles take over an entire fridge door shelf. It was annoying. Kids would put empty bottles in the fridge then wonder why it was empty the next time they went for a drink.
I saw these recommended on Instagram and thought this would be a good solution. Now our kids are learning to 1) not leave water in their cups, and 2) fill their own cup when thirsty. @Heckber Fam
7. Let’s be honest, few of us clean our hair brushes on a daily basis, and when the bristles finally drown in a pile of pulled-out hair that looks sort of disgusting, we say, “Yikes... This mess needs cleaning.” With this set of 2 cleaning tools, your hair brush will look like new with little effort. The set includes a rake with durable metal teeth and a plastic brush with hard and soft bristles that will ensure a thorough cleaning.
4.4 out of 5 stars
How to use it: First, use the hard bristles of the plastic brush, then use the soft bristles of the plastic brush. Finally, use the rake to clean the thin hairs that are still left.
Promising review: If you have any sort of soft-bristled brush, you should get this. I tried cleaning my brush with a comb, toothpicks, etc. I knew it was still a bit clogged, but I didn’t realize how much until I used this.
The little rake thing works wonders. Just wish it was easier to clean out itself. My hair honestly feels better, and I’m happy to not have to keep replacing brushes. @R2D2
8. If you love waffles and pancakes but hate cleaning up a mess in the kitchen after cooking them, try this 2-in-1 batter mixer and dispenser. It’s a DREAM! Just toss all the ingredients inside, shake it, and dispense the necessary amount of batter right into the pan! It’s just as simple as that, and there’s no mess! NO MESS! The heavy-duty blender ball inside the container will make the batter smooth and tasty, and that’s what we love about homemade pancakes, right?
4.4 out of 5 stars
How to use it: Put the batter ingredients inside the container through the wide opening. Thoroughly mix the ingredients inside the container and use the tip to dispense the necessary amount of the batter as you cook.
Promising review: I am not one for single-use gadgets, but I liked this so much I sent 2 as gifts! Pancakes or waffles are easy-peasy. Mix and pour using one container. No mess or drips.
Leftover batter in the container in the fridge for using it another day. (Hint: you can use the bottom piece as a stand to hold the container upright as you add the ingredients.) @orlandocommando
9. Humidifiers can become dirty easily, but there’s a way to extend the time between clean-ups. This cute fish is actually a humidifier tank cleaner that will gently clean the appliance, preventing the growth of dirt and the buildup of slime on the tank walls. The cartridge continues working for 30 days, and it functions in most humidifiers, vaporizers, and steamers. (By the way, if your kids keep asking you to buy them a fish tank, but you can’t, and you happen to have a humidifier, you know what to do 😉)
4.4 out of 5 stars
How to use it: Put the “fish” into the full humidifier water tank and let it do its job.
Promising review: I used these throughout the winter in our humidifier. I still cleaned the humidifier every week vs every 3 days, but during cleaning the typical build-up that would usually be present was not there, so I believe this does what it says it does. I will continue to buy it. There is no scent from this, and it is hassle-free, just drop it in the water tank, and it floats around, working its magic. @Vanessa
10. Don’t rub your eyes in disbelief because what you are seeing is real: a grape cutter. Turns out, there’s no need to spend hours cutting grapes for your kids’ snacks with a knife, one by one. We wish we’d found this tool sooner, but, as they say, “Better late than never.” By the way, the cutter also works great with cherry tomatoes. The parts of the tool can be detached for easier cleaning.
4.8 out of 5 stars
How to use it: Put a grape inside the tool, push the rod, and the grape will come out cut in pieces.
Promising review: This tool is not just a want, it’s a lifesaver, saving approximately an hour and a half per week! I didn’t know there was a grape quad slicer until I found this. I blew through a huge warehouse store sized grape box in about 15 minutes and filled up my Tupperware for the week for the kids. Don’t even think about it, just order it, it’s amazing! @Shawn S.
11. If little critters accidentally end up in your pool, they can easily escape to safety with this brilliant rescue ramp. Frogs, toads, lizards, chipmunks, and other animals will be able to hop onto the inflatable platform and climb up the net ramp to reach the ground. Made of heavy-duty materials, the rescue ramp will serve you for a long time, helping out little animals and keeping your pool clean.
4.6 out of 5 stars
How to use it: Inflate the primary rescue platform, extend the net, and fill the anchor pouch with rocks or sand to secure it in place. Position the item in water where desired.
Promising review: I bought this for our pool (the first one we’ve had) as I hate to have any critters meet their demise. We aren’t at that house as much, so I’m not able to check the skimmer every morning to make sure that it’s empty. It was super easy to put together and place. I have ours closer to the skimmer so that as any animal is being pulled toward it, it should be able to stop them from going in.
I was so excited to see a toad actually use it the other night! It swam right to it and hopped on. I was surprised that our pool installer had never seen one before. We have a pretty small pool, so I don’t think I’ll need a second one, but I will consider it this summer if we have to. I’m so glad I bought this! My only negative is that it also catches leaves easily. @MCS
If we didn’t manage to solve all of the little problems that are bothering you at the moment (even though we tried our best), you can keep on searching Amazon for cool problem solvers, and our favorite Amazon selections can guide you on your way. Have fun shopping!
Bright Side gets commissions for purchases made through the links in this post. All prices are valid at the time of publication. Reviews may have been edited for length and clarity.