15 Bizarre Discoveries That Can Baffle Even Scientists
Amazing and incredible things are everywhere. We simply don’t stop long enough to notice them. Fortunately, there are curious people who find extraordinary things and share them with us on the internet.
Bright Side still doesn’t understand what’s going on in some of these photos. Will you help us?
15. A marine Pokémon?
Nope, it’s just a glass ball covered in sea shells.
14. A car part found in a place where a cyclist was hit by an unidentified vehicle that didn’t stop
Reddit users identified the part as being from a mid-1980s Chevy. The driver was later arrested.
13. Shoes for a giant
Nothing strange here, just a size 20 shoe.
12. “What is this thing under the kitchen counter of my new apartment?”
It’s an arc chute, a set of insulating barriers on a circuit breaker arranged to confine the electrical arc and prevent it from causing damage.
11. A transparent leaf
You actually can make a transparent leaf on your own. You’ll need a brush, a pan, and sodium carbonate.
10. “Is it an old school camera?”
It’s called a box camera. Looks like an old Kodak Brownie clone.
9. “Inherited this table from my dad. He used it as a sofa back for years.”
An antique workbench
8. “Is this a machine tool?”
It’s an old ratchet threader.
7. “Found at work — it’s very hard and has hair on it.”
It’s the fruit from the Osage orange (or hedge apple) tree.
6. “This weird foldable hook — no idea what year it’s from.”
It’s a pocket fishing spear.
5. “An extremely durable ball”
Looks like wiggly giggly to me.
4. “Found some sort of a door. Any idea what it’s used for?”
It’s still unknown what this was used for. Some people think it’s an old lime kiln, others claim it’s a cellar or a bomb shelter.
3. “Found this tall wooden box, it’s open on one end with a hole on the other end. What is this for?”
It’s a box to store wine.
2. “My grandma got this in Japan years ago.”
It’s a hanafuda card.
1. “Noticed this weird thing on the side of this car near the light in London.”
It’s for attaching a flag when used by diplomats.
Bonus: “Found Winnie-the-Pooh’s house while trail riding.”
It’s still unknown what this door is for.
Will you help us solve the riddle in the bonus? Share your thoughts!